Sony RX100 III Bulb

aabeck

I am unable to get "Bulb" time value to function as expected. The RX100 III controls shutter close. Is a remote required to keep the shutter open as long as the photographer wishes? I expected it to open when I depress the shutter button and to close upon the second actuation of the shutter button.

I am unable to get "Bulb" time value to function as expected. The RX100 III controls shutter close. Is a remote required to keep the shutter open as long as the photographer wishes? I expected it to open when I depress the shutter button and to close upon the second actuation of the shutter button.

Here's an extract from the User Manual from my RX100 Mk I:

1. Set the mode dial to (Manual Exposure).
2. Press ↓ on the control wheel to select shutter speed.
3. Turn the control wheel counter-clockwise until [BULB] is indicated.
4. Press the shutter button halfway down to adjust the focus.
5. Press and hold the shutter button for the duration of the shooting.
As long as the shutter button is pressed, the shutter remains open.

I would imagine (but I don't know) that the Mk III would be the same, or similar.

Here's an extract from the User Manual from my RX100 Mk I:

1. Set the mode dial to (Manual Exposure).
2. Press ↓ on the control wheel to select shutter speed.
3. Turn the control wheel counter-clockwise until [BULB] is indicated.
4. Press the shutter button halfway down to adjust the focus.
5. Press and hold the shutter button for the duration of the shooting.
As long as the shutter button is pressed, the shutter remains open.

I would imagine (but I don't know) that the Mk III would be the same, or similar.

Thank you. It appears there are no wired shutter releases available but some mechanical devices using a traditional cable to lock down the shutter release. Seems unusual to not have such an accessory. A simple weight to overcome the shutter will probably be my solution.

Back