Ricoh GRDIII Images in Colour

lucpher

Regular
r1028425.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Walking in the City

r1028428.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

City Walk

OK, numpty question #112.

I do really like the colour in these images - from both lucpher and petach - and note that everyone has been commenting on their being uniquely Ricoh colours. So do I gather from this that - like Olympus blues - that the resultant and desired colour rendition are a product of Ricoh jpegs straight OOC?

If so, it is looking more like this little Ricoh would be a great little jpeg shooter - as I also really like the look of some of the B+W modes too.

Hi stillshunter,

I used the built-in cross processing function in the camera with minimal PP for brightness and contrast. The resulting jpegs just need a bump here and there but they are good enough for me.

OK, numpty question #112.

I do really like the colour in these images - from both lucpher and petach - and note that everyone has been commenting on their being uniquely Ricoh colours. So do I gather from this that - like Olympus blues - that the resultant and desired colour rendition are a product of Ricoh jpegs straight OOC?

If so, it is looking more like this little Ricoh would be a great little jpeg shooter - as I also really like the look of some of the B+W modes too.

Just had another look at the bin of water. I liked it first time I looked, now?........I think it is an astonishing thing to come out of such a wee little snapper. Every nuance of texture, colour and tone is picked up and played back perfectly.

I have been hunting around for a reasonably priced used Leica X1...........but to be honest I really cannot see the point. I am sure that improvement would be pretty marginal for the outlay.

I like the gulls into the sun as well. Stunning.

Thanks everyone for the comments about the bucket of rainwater shot. it is one of my favourites and the result of a damp slightly overcast day with a very nice even soft light.

This was taken at the same time. Not as good as the other one perhaps but it shows the sort of sky. BTW the hose is a trick for filling two, or more, rainwater butts from a single down pipe. Just put a piece of garden hose as a syphon between them.
3235692863_7984691436_z.jpg

_0013409 by meaning_of_light, on Flickr

Back