Fuji Switch

Nice writeup, Olli. It's almost the same story here, 3 years with a number of NEXes, disappointed with Sony and moving over to Fuji. However, I still have the NEX-7 and some fine glass and it complements the X-Pro just right. At lower ISO I prefer the files from the 7 (more grit and microcontrast), in low light OTOH the X-Pro1 wipes the floor with the Sony and so on and so forth. If I had to choose between the two I'd rather go back to Nikon, or stick with my (Tri-)X10, lol.

No switch here, but an addition. The two lens X-Pro 1 kit from B&H for $950 just got here today. I've been wanting that hybrid finder for some time. I love my E-M5, and for shooting legacy glass will probably use mostly that camera, but the immediacy of a rangefinder style VF (even without the RF focusing system) really appeals to me. The Olympus is more versatile, and I enjoy shooting it, but increasingly I find electronic viewfinders get in my way. So I've not wanted to jump into the Fuji X system with one of the EVF cameras. The whole point was to get the ovf in the X-Pro. I like the camera. It's quirky, as the GS645S medium format film camera is, but it's my kind of quirky.

Only complaint: With my progressive lenses -- and I shoot with my glasses on -- I'm going to need a diopter correction. A zero if my calculations are correct. Meantime, until that arrives from Japan (the damned things are hard to find except in minus strengths), it will be fine. It's not that far off. Looking forward to playing with this beast.

Back