Ricoh New GR - several questions

robert

Rookie
Hello,
While I have been lurking for quite some time, I am a newly registered member. Information on this forum has been really helpful to me with the GR. Thanks.

I just received my GR and I'm in the process of configuring it. A couple of questions have come up and your insight would be appreciated. Here goes:

1. User manual pg 42 states: "The ISO speed will be locked to [AUTO] when in TAv mode". It seems that this is not the case. In TAv mode can/is pushed into AUTO-hi which is problematic. Is this a bug in the firmware?
2. I read that with the GRD IV, there was a feature to save "My settings" to an SD card. It appears that this feature is not present with the GR. Am I missing something, or is it not there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob

1. I think by AUTO they mean simple auto ISO, not AUTO Hi as the high ISO limit is not imposed while in TAv mode. There is a trick to limit the highest allowable ISO to 6400-8000 by turning on the DR correction and set it to high...
2. On GXR one can also save settings to SD card too, I think it is missing in GR.

Enjoy.

Back