Fuji Gordys Camera Straps

Neiltluck

Regular
Name
Neil Luck
I have just "treated" my X10 to a Gordy Wrist Strap, as I haven't been able to find another sort that I would be completely happy with.

$19 may be an extravagance for a wrist strap, but I thought I would take the plunge.

It arrived yesterday and well I must say it is a real treat! It is the most amazing quality and will last for years. I went for dark brown with Black thread and it really complements the little X10.

If any of you guys are considering one, do not hesitate. It will be a really worthwhile investment!!

1Camera Strap on Fuji X10.jpg

Cheers

Neil

The most frequent complaint about Gordy hand straps is that they are stiff, and maybe the second most often heard problem is that occasionally someone will order a size too small.

I love both of mine. It didn't take long at all for them to soften up. Just get out and shoot and the rest will take care of itself. If one is in a hurry, you can take it off the camera and work it by hand while doing something mindless.

I bought a wrist strap from Camera Techs in Seattle when I was visiting friends in the summer. I'm using it on my Fuji S200EXR in place of the neck strap and I'm extremely pleased with it. I find it to be the most secure strap I've used when using the camera when backpacking.

I also have two straps I purchased at Camera Techs...a long one and a wrist strap. Both seem to be strong enough, my concern is the string on both has frayed and looks a bit ragged. I'm afraid one will snap.

I also have two straps I purchased at Camera Techs...a long one and a wrist strap. Both seem to be strong enough, my concern is the string on both has frayed and looks a bit ragged. I'm afraid one will snap.

Heyas, Bruce. Do you mean the strong wrap that goes around the leather, or do you have the string fastener versions (vs the ring)?

I have a Gordys sling strap....pretty awesome in both build and function, even though I did get it slightly too long.

With the wrist strap though I took Rays advice and went for a Luigi Leicatime in premium black and wow, surely one of the most supple and nicely made lengths of cured leather. Well worth a look if you are in the market....thinking about getting the adjustable length neck strap too.

Back