New blog on the New York Times: "Tool Kit", a personal tech blog, begins on Thursday

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Thought some of you might find this interesting: Electronics and Gadgets - Gadgetwise Blog - NYTimes.com It officially begins this Thursday.

Here's an intro: Your Tech Questions, Answered - NYTimes.com

Technology is supposed to make our lives easier. Sadly, that’s not always the way it works. Sometimes, technology’s promise of an easier, more productive life is hidden behind walls of jargon, settings and hardware adjustments.

That’s fine if you enjoy delving into I.P. addresses and system preferences. But let’s say you don’t. Let’s say you’d rather be reading a book, playing with your children, cooking dinner — or doing pretty much anything else. If so, Tool Kit, my new column in The New York Times’s personal technology pages, is for you.

Tool Kit will offer practical guidance on how to more effectively use technology — like organizing the apps on your smartphone, setting up remote access to your parents’ computers or using technology in the kitchen to stream music around your house.

To kick off the column, which will appear on Thursdays in the print edition, I’ll be taking your questions online from Friday through Monday. We will start publishing the answers Monday morning. Is your router giving you static? Are you thinking about buying a new TV? Want to know more about online backup services? Fire away in the comments.

Follow-up: Electronics and Gadgets - Gadgetwise Blog - NYTimes.com

...I asked you to ask questions, and you did. And you did so in great numbers (more than 100, at last count), and you asked really great, sophisticated questions, and a good number of you even went so far as to help out each other by answering them.

That’s a lot to live up to. I will do my very best here on Gadgetwise and in my new weekly column, Tool Kit, running in The New York Times business section and here online....

Happy reading and/or following.:D

I know - and I'm glad you're glad, Chuck. ;) Although I am not a techie, alas, I think it seems as though it will be helpful to a fairly broad range of readers.

Back