Bugs Show 'Insect'

hummingbird hawk-moth (Macroglossum stellatarum)

not easy to shoot

Moth_1.jpg

Moth_2.jpg

Nice work guys

Cetonia aurata, called the rose chafer or, sometimes, the green rose chafer or goldsmith beetle - (from Wiki)
Taken with 300mm f4

Metallic colours on some insects are just amazing

Green_B.jpg

Another record shot from today - bright sunshine and very hot

I think that it is a Silver-Washed Fritillary, (Argynnis raphia) - male

SWF_1.jpg

SWF_2.jpg

The side shot I have is not good but it helps to confirm the ID

SWF_3.jpg

Tree Bumblebee

Here we have a Tree Bumblebee, (Bombus hypnorum, a relatively new species to the UK

No-one knows if it'll be the saviour of British pollination or an alien invader that will outcompete our fine British bees (I don't think it's Romanian though).

There's probably a local nest as the tree in my back yard where I snapped this one has been jammed solid with them from dawn 'til dusk for weeks now.

Here we have a Tree Bumblebee, (Bombus hypnorum, a relatively new species to the UK

No-one knows if it'll be the saviour of British pollination or an alien invader that will outcompete our fine British bees (I don't think it's Romanian though).

There's probably a local nest as the tree in my back yard where I snapped this one has been jammed solid with them from dawn 'til dusk for weeks now.

Looks Romanian with that hair cut

(Elephant?) Hawk Moth

I was on my way to brush my teeth only to be delayed by this beauty who had taken up residence on the floor.
Of course I had to take a snap or two, but forgot to put something in for scale. It's a couple of inches or so long.

It did not want to let go of the rug, but the moment I took it outside it perked up and flew.

I'm reasonably confident it's an Elephant Hawk Moth

A good day for wildlife for me ... a Corn Bunting and now this.

Back