W/NW Signs of Fall.

Christ, this is a year ago, thanks for bumping it up, lovely colors in those shots, here's one from the other day

l1000831.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one is a month old almost, chestnuts are now sold grilled and hot in the Streets, delicious...

l1000732-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The grapes are gone, we will taste them in wine next year

10409605294_6c2db5b0d3_c.jpg

Nice work on the bear. I hate those little branches in front of your subject. Not really distracting, but the the dang AF will inevitably try to lock on those.

Nice work on the bear. I hate those little branches in front of your subject. Not really distracting, but the the dang AF will inevitably try to lock on those.

Yeah, I hate them, too. The only slightly redeeming feature is the few leaves add a sprinkle of color. Unfortunately he walked away while I tried to circle around for a clearer shot.

My only long-ish lens in a Takumar 200/5.6, so no AF worries there! :D

I'm so, so sorry for all you summer lovers out there, but I have to revive this thread! According to Northern Hemisphere meteorologists, autumn has begun again!
Some of the earliest signs are spiderwebs, morning fog and flowering heather. I'm lucky enough to have a nice piece of forest with heather fields near my parents' house, so this past weekend I went out there and took some shots :)

15015490017_de668d8cf3_b.jpg
itsy bitsy spider... by bartjeej, on Flickr

15015384030_a4882b29b3_b.jpg
Rucphense Heide 2 by bartjeej, on Flickr

15015485928_870430d354_b.jpg
Purple / silver by bartjeej, on Flickr

15015382300_59961b2233_b.jpg
Rucphense Heide by bartjeej, on Flickr

I'm a four seasons guy; when a new season is about to start, I'm usually ready for it. The only time of the year I really don't like is the dreary latter part of winter before the spring really starts (which can be 2 full months of gray, bland weather without snow or ice in these parts). This year I'm more ready for fall than ever, because my Africa trip meant my summer began in February - and 6 months of summer is just too much for me! So yes, vive l'automne (autumn as a word is just so much more beautiful than fall...)!

PS bring on those turning leaves! :)

Back