SeriousCompacts.com FAQ

Discussion in 'Site Information' started by PhotographersLounge.com, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhotographersLounge.com

PhotographersLounge.com   Super Moderator

If you have a question which is not addressed in this FAQ, please ask it in the Help and Feedback forum.

If you private message (PM) a moderator/admin with questions, we will refer you back to this thread or ask you to post your question in the
    Help and Feedback forum.

Our frequently asked questions are answered in the following resources:

Some miscellaneous FAQs:

How do I send a PM, email, or leave "Thanks"?

• Private messaging and emailing are limited to members with at least 1 forum post (no exceptions).
    • Use of the "Thanks" button is limited to members with at least 3 forum posts. Once you have 3 or more posts, you will see the "Thanks" button under each forum post.

I uploaded a profile picture. Why isn't it showing in the forums?

Advertisement

The little picture shown next to posts in the forums is not a profile picture. It's called an "avatar", and you can upload one using this link: http://www.seriouscompacts.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

I just registered. Why can't I post a new thread or reply?

Most of the time we get this question, it is because someone has registered but not responded to the activation email. If you did not receive an activation email, check your email spam folder to see if it is there. If it has been less than 15 minutes since you registered, please wait for the email in case it simply didn't arrive yet. For more information, see here: http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f19/problems-registration-activation-cant-post-7493/

Members cannot post new threads in our five "Front Page" forums:
    • General
    • Podcasts
    • Tests & Reviews
    • Articles & Opinion
    • Spotlight

Only SeriousCompacts.com staff can create new threads in or move threads to these forums, but all registered members can reply to existing threads.

Why can't I delete my own thread?

Please see here.

I forgot my username/password

Please see here.

How do I cancel my account?

Please see here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PhotographersLounge.com

Privacy Statement for PhotographersLounge.org

We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for PhotographersLounge.org.

We use cookies to recognize you for the purposes of keeping you logged in and remembering your preferences. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website - which includes hacks/spamming/abusing posts in which case you may be held liable.

This site contains links to other sites. PhotographersLounge.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.

Advertisers displaying banner ads on this site may be placing and reading cookies on users' browsers, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on this site. You may choose to not accept these cookies by adjusting settings in your web browser.

We offer registration to our site in which we ask visitors for contact information. The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor for opt-in notifications. We allow you to prevent your true email address from being revealed online at our website. At any time after registration you can edit your member profile to remove or change your email address on file. User information will not be distributed or sold in any other fashion. The only exception to this is when under request of law enforcement agencies.

Contacting the Web Site
    If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact:

Amin Sabet
    Webmaster, PhotographersLounge.org
    Email: admin@photographerslounge.org

Affiliate / Monetization / FTC Disclosure

Links on this site are processed to automatically add referrals to outgoing store/vendor links. We may receive a payment if you click one of those links and purchase a product or service.

Adapted from the MacRumors.com Privacy Statement

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. PhotographersLounge.com

Why can't I delete my own thread?

Members cannot delete their own threads here. We don't want other members' posts (which take time and energy to post) deleted because the thread starter decides they want to delete. In other words, starting a thread doesn't make it your thread.

You can, however, edit your own posts and delete the content within those posts if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PhotographersLounge.com

I forgot my forum user name or password

If you know the email address you registered with and can still receive email at that address, go to the Lost Password Recovery Form and fill in that email address. You will be sent your user name and instructions for resetting your password. If you are sure of your email address but get "The email address you entered is not in our database" it means there is no SeriousCompacts.com account with that email address. Either you used a different email address for your Serious Compacts account or you have us confused with another photography-related forum site.

After you reset your password, you can use the Edit Email & Password page to change your password to one you can remember. You can change your account's email address there as well.

If you have forgotten your password and either forgotten your registration email address or can no longer receive email at that email address, contact us for assistance. Tell us your forum user name, current email address, and any other information you remember about your Serious Compacts account so we can look up your account.

Adapted from the MacRumors.com FAQ

5. PhotographersLounge.com

How do I cancel my account?

There is normally no need to cancel a SeriousCompacts.com account. If you expect not to need to post at SeriousCompacts.com, you can simply stop visiting our site. There is nothing you need us to do. Under our Privacy Policy, we won't email you unless you have chosen to receive administrator emails and/or chosen to receive email notifications for subscribed threads, and you can change these options at any time (see below). We won't release or sell your contact information unless required to do so by law enforcement agencies. Inactive accounts are of little consequence. The advantage is that if you change your mind, you can return to SeriousCompacts.com, log in, and post.

For additional privacy, you are welcome to remove the information in your User Profile (Email address, Instant Messaging names, Location, etc.).

If you have subscribed to any forums or threads, have asked for email notifications, and are no longer interested in receiving those messages, delete the subscriptions on your List Subscriptions page.

If there are exceptional circumstances, such as an employment contract, that require that your account be canceled to prevent you from logging in, use the Contact Form to let us know. We'll probably direct you to this FAQ section unless you tell us you've already read it!

Canceling an account does not remove previously made posts from the forums, nor quotes of those posts by other members. If you are concerned about information in one of your previous posts (e.g., it contains too much personal information), you can edit the post yourself. We will not delete your posts for you and strongly discourage you from editing or deleting large numbers of previous posts, since that may leave thread discussions "broken" or confusing to those who read them in the future. Once your account has been canceled, you will no longer be able to edit your posts.

Adapted from the MacRumors.com FAQ

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.