Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

pniev

Student for life
I am not really into ships but I like them! I've seen some very nice photos of boats and ships here. So I was looking for a related thread but could not find it. So I thought to start one. My apologies if I missed it. I will delete this post if there is another. Let me start with number one: the boat that our former Queen Wilhelmina used to ride through the canals of Amsterdam in the first part of the last century.

I am looking forward to your photos!.

Peter

View attachment 13405[/url

Here a shot of my boat, taken last week with my X100S.

Dave

Attachments

• Weatherbird_stern_view.jpg
    Weatherbird_stern_view.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 306
Peter, You may not be a world power as some define it, but the name of the Queen's boat says it all.

Albert, The definition of a ship and a boat!

Joe

Here's a shot of Google's ship, the R/V Falkor, taken a couple of weeks ago in St. Petersburg, FL (again with the X100S). The scene was tragically backlit, so I went with more of an artistic look.

Dave

View attachment 1881

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370087452.028515.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370087452.028515.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 275
Hi, Joe!
Yes, indeed. But we had some wars in Europe in the past! I read the diary of Sir Samuel Pepys, who worked for the British Navy in the 17th century. At that time they were afraid that the Dutch would invade London via the Thames. These days Cameron would probably only raise his eyebrow. ;-)

Peter, You may not be a world power as some define it, but the name of the Queen's boat says it all.
Joe

Nicely captured. Which adapter do you use for your Nikon Lens?

reason for asking: I still have an AF-S 70-210 zoomlens that performed remarkably good at the D800. So I was thinking about using it for a while until I've read more about the new Fuji zoom.

Fuji X-E1 with 105mm Nikkor. I was in a similar boat going the other way.

Intruiging! It alsmost looks like Noah's arc.

Admittedly she was in the middle of a serious refit/rebuild. She's about 70 years old.

That strange black & white structure actually fits directly on the stem; if you've ever seen the ship that part is a serious clue. The bit at the bottom is actually more important than the bit at the top.

mmm. world famous? about 70 years old? I don't recognize the structure. If it would have been almost black I would have mentioned the Queen Mary 1. A few years ago I heard about a company that wanted to restore the ship to its full glory. It's a bit diificult to get an idea about the size of the structure. So I'm afraid you have to enlighten me.... Nice quiz question!

Admittedly she was in the middle of a serious refit/rebuild. She's about 70 years old.

That strange black & white structure actually fits directly on the stem; if you've ever seen the ship that part is a serious clue. The bit at the bottom is actually more important than the bit at the top.

Back