Ricoh A very smalll challenge for you...

If you send to repair i wonder the same thing as Nic. Will they actually repair it or just get u a new one. Just for fun you cpuld try the following, grab a sharpie and mark the camera in a really not easy to see spot (inside the battery compartment, or the memory card slot, etc) and take a photo with your cellphone, send it in and check back whe. U get it. If theres the mark they repaired it if not u got a new one.

It'll be interesting to see how the "internal" (firmware-embedded) serial number compares to the one on the body of the camera when it comes back.

regardless of HOW they do it, I think it's an amazing testament to them that they do it for so little. Had you sent in your warranty paperwork to register it or could some Joe off the street buy a busted one on get the same treatment?

Hah! exactly!

the thought had already crossed my mind to start scouring eBay for dead Ricohs ... but then, I'm a Bad Person

It was out of warranty but I had previously registered it from new, so I have "previous". I'm not sure they would be quite so accommodating if I wasn't already on their systems ;)

Sent from another Galaxy

It is very nice to see a big corporation actually respond in a non-money grabbing nice fashion. Sure, one can make arguments supporting their action as a marketing incentive, but, since the majority have responded in such a positive manner, it seems that Ricoh has acted in a considerate and non-corporate manner. Kudos to Ricoh.

Back