Fuji Fuji 60mm F2.4 works very well

Landshark

PhotoDog
Name
Bob
The thing with this lens is you have to use the corrected AF on SAF and pay attention that the square covers the object of focus, it also worked well tracking in CAF and was near perfect with the AFL button in manual focus.

Just received my 60, updated the firmware to 1.02--now heading off tomorrow to try it out. I have been photographing for over 45 years, and have been through every format and type of camera, but the X Pro 1 is the perfect fit for me. Thanks, Fuji!

Thanks, the cute dog belonged to some random guy waiting for his car, I love your dog portraits, I need to post some of our's.

I wish I could afford this camera. I just have to live vicariously through you all. Thanks for sharing!

I'm quite impressed with the pics I'm seeing from this lens.
I just received my 60 yesterday and have not had a chance to get out and shoot with it yet. I now have all three! So far, with the few pictures I've taken with this camera I LOVE IT! I do wish Fuji would find a way to increase the size of the framing lines when using the optical viewfinder with the 60mm, just a minor glitch I'm sure I'll get used to.
Have any of you found a lens cap that fits over the 60's lens hood? Trying to put that little pinch cap on with the hood attached is quite a pain!
Love all the helpful hints and advice I get on this forum!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kris

I just tried a 77mm from a Nikon 24-70mm and fits like a glove after reading your post. GREAT IDEA!! I hadn't thought of that. I replaced the hoods that came with the 18 and 35 with some el cheapo ones that screw into the 52mm glass protection filters. I have no idea how many lens caps front and rear I've lost + lens hoods ect. I figured they many not look as good as the Fuji ones but then they would be cheaper to replace. I also replaced the 52mm Fuji caps with 52mm Nikon ones. Those really are tight.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, the 77 pinch cap fits perfectly on the 60mm hood. I'm about to order one. That hood is kind of hard to to take on and off when you are out walking around. Problem solved!!!!!

Thanks! I'll hunt one down today.( I probably have one stuck in a box somewhere):D
One other question. Any hints on what to use for an sd card? I'm using a 16 gb Lexar Pro 133x, but I'm wondering if an upgrade would make much of a difference in write speed. So far, not an issue but I don't want to find out the hard way that I should have gone with a faster card.

Thanks again!!:hail:

I have one of those Lexar cards. I'm just about to load up the dogs up to go hiking. Let me try it out. I have been using the Sandisk 8GB Extreme card. It seems to work pretty fast, but I'm not a machine gun shooter. I usually have to keep my eye on Ruby so I don't end up at the Emergency Vet which kind of curtails my ability to to take a lot of pictures..... Bless her heart she is just a very busy, adventurous little dog. Anyway, I'll replace the Sandisk and use the Lexar today. I'll see if it makes any difference. I seem to remember the Lexar was a good card. I usually just get whatever is on sale with SD cards. So, I think Sandisks must have been on sale at Amazon when I got the camera.

I just tried the 77 again it works perfect. The Nikon version is more expensive but those things really pinch.

I am terrified I am going to lose the rear lens caps. I have yet to find out where I can get a replacement.

I'll write back on this thread when I get back this afternoon about the card.

Thanks for doing my homework for me!
So far that card has worked fine, but occasionally I find myself using the "6 fps" mode to capture moving animals or something else that might be moving. I know the faster cards are quite pricey, but it would be the last expensive item I'd need to buy for this camera(I hope)!

Thanks again and enjoy your walk with Ruby and the other pooches, and PLEASE stay out of the vet!

Ok I didn't use a stop watch, but I didn't notice the Lexas writing any slower or faster than the Sandisk. That said I did come out on the short end of an altercation with a cactus that left me a little pre-occupied. Details of the sordid and life altering event are posted on the dogs thread with some more 60 photos I took this AM of my three dogs. They managed to come out the morning constitutional mercifully unscathed unlike myself....... I am really starting to like this lens. I'm just having to learn how to stand further back. Everything I have posted are just JPEGs out of the camera. I did add a border to one of these because I accidentally switched it from 1x1 to 16x9 instead of 3x2.

The 77mm lens cap worked perfect BTW.

I'm just not having any problems getting this lens to focus. Or the other two for that matter. Maybe it's just what I'm focusing on or that I'm just not in a hurry. Probably dumb luck, seriously.

Anyway hope that helps with the cards. I think you are fine with the Lexar. My only caveat is I usually don't take a lot of pictures. If I go out with my dogs I may take 25 or 30 max. So I may not be the best source on this.

Thanks again for testing for me. I think I'll keep what I've got until I find a reason to upgrade. I did take a few quick shots yesterday in the burst mode and they seemed to write fast enough to not interfere with my shooting, although I was in a hurry and things were out of focus.

Your dogs look like a happy bunch, glad you survived your outing with them without too much injury!

Maybe someone can help with this.
Theses are with the 60mm.
Here are a couple quick shots I took yesterday while running between jobs. Not good pics, I was in a huge hurry, but maybe someone can explain what I'm doing wrong to correct for paralax.(Other than switching to the electronic view finder).

I framed the front of the truck in center of the optical view finder, pressed the shutter half way and re-adjusted the frame lines to re-center the truck in the frame and this is what I got. The second is with the camera using the electronic view finder. Minor issue, but I haven't noticed this happening with the 35 or the 18, however I've been so busy with family/work/friends I've had very little time to get to know the camera so it may be happening to some extent with the other two lenses, I just haven't noticed it.

Again, it's a minor issue, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong and if so, how to correct it.

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend! I'm out for a round of golf! Finally a little R&R!
View attachment 53431
DSCF0834 by Winginkris, on Flickr
7002147000_5b0ecce3ee.jpg

DSCF0836 by Winginkris, on Flickr

Stanley, I just read your post in the "dogs" section. Sorry, but it got me to chuckling quite a bit! Could be a good scene in a movie! Sorry to hear of your mishap, hope your wounds heal quickly!!

By the way, it looks like you've got a pretty good hold on the xpro, nice shots!

Back