Show "Bicycle"

It's sad what has happened to Pink Lake. It was suggested this was due to salt mining and altered run-off parameters in a recent TV program (Landline?).
Remember it well as a kid in the 1950s when it was pink.

Happy New Year! A little over 5 miles along a nearby stream this morning. Lots of ice and beauty.

DSCF1048-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

39814410562_7c12249bff_h.jpg

Next Stop Bremer Bay - {Day 08-08} by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

Day 8: Esperance to Albany: The Unconventional Ride. 750 km in 10 days. Next stop Bremer Bay. The dirt was about to come to an end for the day with bitumen to be my friend whilst battling into headwinds through to Bremer. There is always something every day it seems to take the edge of the enjoyment of riding. BTW that water bag was repositioned :)

View attachment 132443
Next Stop Bremer Bay - {Day 08-08} by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

Day 8: Esperance to Albany: The Unconventional Ride. 750 km in 10 days. Next stop Bremer Bay. The dirt was about to come to an end for the day with bitumen to be my friend whilst battling into headwinds through to Bremer. There is always something every day it seems to take the edge of the enjoyment of riding. BTW that water bag was repositioned :)
It fun keeping up with your travels. Apparently you're doing a long distance tour?

The most I've ridden in one day is about 37 km. I'm hoping to do an overnighter when warm weather hits, but it will probably be only about 50-60 km total. So I'd say 750 km is pretty significant.
In my younger days when I rode on a regular basis, a weekend ride would be 30 miles, so 48 kilometers? The daily rides would average 10 miles, so 16 kilometers?
Aushiker, if I may ask, how many miles a day are you averaging on your back country tour?

Back