G'Day from a Kiwi in Sydney Australia!

Can't have you guys thinking I'm an Aussie now! :D
Some may know me from the Pentax forum but don't worry I'm not blind to other brands, I have been involved with Sony in the past in particular, have an Olympus Superzoom and quite partial to Panasonics new GX1.
I like cameras that don't follow the herd are the underdog. Hence why I probably got into Pentax and why I would least likely get into Canon! (everyone has them, Boring!:tongue:)
I love the feel of a nice camera so I appreciate old film bodies aswell as expensive Boutique cameras like M9s and the Pentax Q! :eek:

Look forward to speaking with you all.

BTW anyone who likes shooting around Sydney would like to get a group shoot going.

Wow, friendly lot you are!
Definitely give me a bell if anyone is in the area.
I do get around a wee bit (even internationally) so you never know! Kyte, I have a buddy in Newcastle I have been meaning to visit for ages so will let you know if I'm around there :)

Hi Tonto!!!

I'm in country South Aust, nice to meet you! If I ever get to Sydney for a holiday I will definitely catch up with some of you guys for pics and giggles!! hehehe

Welcome to the forum. Being (amongst other things) a Canon owner, I have little understanding of the the pain and suffering you must endure as a Pentaxian, but please accept my deepest sympathies all the same.

Thanks all, in terms of Serious compacts I have a bridge/superzoom Olympus SP-550 UZ
Olympus SP-550 UZ: 18x ultra zoom: Digital Photography Review

It pretty much kicked everything off for me when I got it as a wedding present-it went to Singapore and Cambodia with us and is currently a backup camera with my wife in Antarctica!!!

I also have an old Agfa Silette that my Grandmother in-law gave us, it still has film in it I have to get developed! It has a light meter as well. Coming from a digital background abit of a head scratcher to use :)
Looks abit like this but extra dial on right side of camera (case and meter are identical)
Agfa Silette Pronto 35mm 1953 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Welcome to the forum. Being (amongst other things) a Canon owner, I have little understanding of the the pain and suffering you must endure as a Pentaxian, but please accept my deepest sympathies all the same.

Haha, yup it is a trying existence but things are looking up! As for Canon don't get me wrong I wouldn't turn one down if someone gave me one but then the re-sale on them is so good I would probably hock it off and buy some more lenses! :p

Those X100s I see in a few of your pics are VERY intriguing but my budget this year will probably be for a Flash and Tamron 28-75.

Back