Nature Show Landscape

Dying desert

Great thread with wonderful landscape shots. Here's my contribution to the thread. I have been taking photos of the ever on going dying desert of Arizona. Hookie I know. Progress is just taking over the places that I used to play, hike and just visit years ago when I first moved to the valley. At least I will remember those spots I visited in my younger days.

olive_road_looking_back.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pete, here is what I wrote before on that other thread where you first posted yours:pete, that is a stunner! Are you sure you weren't shooting film? I can't help but think of the old song "White Line Fever".

Here's another shot of The Lions on a cloudless freezing Vancouver winter day. Shot with a Sony A33 with in-camera panorama function.

20101229-_DSC2291-1.jpg

The body of water in the shot above is actually one of the reservoirs for the Vancouver area. It is being held back by the Cleveland Dam which you can see from these shots. The dam is 300 feet high.

20101229-_DSC2298-1.jpg

20101229-_DSC2296-1.jpg

there are some really good images in this thread - all well taken and interesting - shows what these small (sensor) cameras can do and quite surprising that they cope with landscapes well

Here's another shot of The Lions on a cloudless freezing Vancouver winter day. Shot with a Sony A33 with in-camera panorama function.

20101229-_DSC2291-1.jpg

The body of water in the shot above is actually one of the reservoirs for the Vancouver area. It is being held back by the Cleveland Dam which you can see from these shots. The dam is 300 feet high.

20101229-_DSC2298-1.jpg

20101229-_DSC2296-1.jpg

Wow, that water looks frozen in place.

I'm with Bill
there are some really good images in this thread - all well taken and interesting - shows what these small (sensor) cameras can do and quite surprising that they cope with landscapes well.

Kevin, those three make me go from feeling awe inspired to feeling seriously afraid! Beauties, all three.

I agree with you, Peter, about that picture of Neilvan's. He's a superb nature photographer.

Chirstian, I love that little lone tree down on the left. All the trees look majestic in their winter styles...and that portion of the ground that appears to be broken up a bit adds in another really nice texture. Lovely light. I would love to see this one even larger so as to be able to fully appreciate all that is there.

Chirstian, I love that little lone tree down on the left. All the trees look majestic in their winter styles...and that portion of the ground that appears to be broken up a bit adds in another really nice texture. Lovely light. I would love to see this one even larger so as to be able to fully appreciate all that is there.

Many thanks, BB! I have uploaded a larger version of this photo now.

Fiddler, that is one gorgeous garden - what a great shot of the fountain, its attendant gardens and the overlooking castle! I am correct that this is the Edinburgh Castle? What a great day you had there!

Moon rise over the English Channel

This is Start Point in south Devon with Start Point light on the end of the peninsula. This photograph was taken 15 minutes after sunset and 14 minutes after moon rise on 19th January 2011. The light in the lighthouse has not yet been illuminated.

1000885.jpg

Panasonic GF1 with 15mm, f/4.5 Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar @ f/11, iso 200, 1/8 second

Barrie

Back