Animals "Animals"

5072182377_b69961e19f_z.jpg

LX5 Cat's Paws

Thanks. Believe it or not she started out life as a street dog in Tirana in Albania. We came across her when we lived there, started looking after her and ended up adopting her.

olli, that is wonderful! How lucky you all were! I wonder if your love of dogs has something to do with why they keep appearing in your photos and are so often looking at you? Dogs know a good person when they see them.

Yes, a bird is an animal!:D And I love Chickadees - yours are a little different from ours. Does this fellow often land on someone's hand? How wonderful that would be. Great closeup! The deer is lovely, Kathy, she certainly blends in doesn't she?

May I ask, which camera was used for each?

Both photos were taken with the LX5. The chickadee is sitting on my finger and I have the camera off to the side in the other hand. Definitely a shot that could not have been taken with the X1. The chickadee is in the Mer Bleue area and people go there just to feed them so they are quite tame.

This photo was taken five years ago I think, with a cheap low-MP consumer P&S. I didn't know much about photography back then so at the time I was annoyed (and embarrassed) that I couldn't shoot in focus, everyone was blurred out except for the cat.

It wasn't until very recently when I looked at it again and realised what a great photo it is, especially when converted into black and white. What does it tell you about the only cat in the house amongst the restless canines.

5246302465_8dc2e184d0.jpg

5398591023_4ec151ffd5_b.jpg

LX5

This is our dog Johnnie who has just finished bounding through very deep snow chasing a stick. Now, having had the time of his life, it's time to go home so the leash has gone back on. He seems to appear a bit sad, but only for a second.

Back