The Halloween Thread for Scary Pictures!

I'd forgotten about that, Duane! Wow, your area must capitalize on its name right about now, eh?:D

Where in North Carolina did you find that place? And what's the story behind it?

Well I missed yesterday's photo ops in our little town as I had to go to work but Brevard shuts down main street and we have a costume parade and contest along with many booths with tons of food and music. (Steve Martin lives here and performs with the Steep Ranger Canyon bluegrass band).

A Dainty Halloween!

Love all these pictures :) We don't really make quite such a big thing of it in the UK. Here is a rather dainty picture from the bakery!

PA153441-Edit.jpg

reviving an old thread: Halloween 2014

I thought I'd revive this thread with a few pictures taken strolling around my hometown of Talent, Oregon, and the neighboring slightly larger town of Ashland. Ashland, being home to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, a serious theater ensemble of both local & national repute, also tends to have more theatricality among its citizenry.

This first was taken in Talent, when I was walking to the local Library.

15435807408_1af7280356_b.jpg

Halloween Tree
by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

I thought its eyes were following me, but that may just have been an illusion.

Over in Ashland, there seemed to be skulls and skeletons at every other house....or, in this case, sitting on the front porch, waiting patiently for the witching hour -

15622968301_090e67732e_b.jpg

Porch Skeleton

But only a few blocks away, the monsters were out in force, and ruling the porch of an old house -

15598273656_50efec9435_b.jpg

Halloween Porch

From a distance, the Werewolf's teeth, combined with the dismembered arm he was presumably about to start wolfing down, made him seem damn scary. But when you moved up a little closer, the happily demented gleam in the blank eyes of his zombie baby companion was even more unnerving.

15622027075_210cf77127_b.jpg

Halloween Nightmare Porch

His zombie parents were obviously remiss in not getting him a bigger bib before letting him chow down on those oh-so-yummy looking brains. And, speaking of brains, the third member of this scary triumvirate, a zombie grade school girl, was standing out right next to the sidewalk; the fact that she seemed to be concentrating on her equally yummy brain snack, allowed this intrepid photographer to edge a little closer to his subject.

15626517932_a755da073f_b.jpg

Eating Brains

The streets though were relatively empty, awaiting the All Hallows Eve crush of ghouls, old and young, coming out of the woodwork or the cemetery. Most normal people were staying inside. But one absent commuter seemed to have made his/or/her own preparations (Hope for the Best...Prepare for the Worst) with a requisite monster-repelling Icon hanging from his rearview mirror -

15439585988_077e376348_b.jpg

Dashboard Crucifix

I thought about leaving a helpful warning note under the windshield wipers - something to the effect that, though crosses are supposed to protect you from vampires, they're probably useless against hungry zombies or rampaging bored skeletons. But I decided not to. I didn't have time, I needed to get back home post-haste to gas up my chainsaw....just in case.

All the pictures were taken with my EOS-M and its 22mm pancake lens.

Back