Pentax Tell us all about your Pentax Q - and please add your photographs!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
In merely the blink of an eye, or it feels that way to me, we've got at least two members who've already gotten ahold of the Pentax Q!

I hope all you Pentax Q shooters will ante up here with your thoughts, reactions, impressions and, it should go without saying, your pictures. :2thumbs:

I've been playing with the camera for a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to download my photos (read: I'm lazy), but it is actually quite fun to play with. As I posted on the annoucement about pre-order, my major gripe is that there is no WYSIWYG - the final photo looks nothing like what the LCD displays before pressing the shutter button. I haven't played with my toy wideangle lens yet, but it is definitely a coat-pocket camera that has replaced the Samsung TL350 and Canon S90 for now. I'll try to post photos later.

youtsk, thanks so much for weighing in on this new Pentax Q and welcome to Serious Compacts!

I'm 100% sure that many will be interested in seeing your photographs, so please do post some pictures when you can. Inquiring eyes are on a need to know basis! Just in case, here's a handy thread https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/ to encourage you.;) I'd also like to invite you to stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum, as well. Glad you found your way here!

Just picked up my Q + 01 kit locally partially because of the price, but more to do with the amazing sample images posted by its users on this forum.

It's such a small, well built machine for picture making. I am astounded at how much fun this thing is.

I wished all cameras were it's size. Maybe the new one will have the Sony 1/1.7" BSI Exmor R sensor in it. That would be quite a little camera. Having said that, in my experience, other than in lowlight the first gen Q holds itself quite well against the 12MP sensored M43 cameras. If the new one used that Sony sensor, it would go along way in closing the lowlight gap.

Some pics from the Q's first outing...
With the 01 Prime:
9260835915_3b8ef0cb2b_b.jpg

IMGP0012 by theoldsmithy, on Flickr
9260840709_caaf566dfc_b.jpg

IMGP0026 by theoldsmithy, on Flickr
9263626422_443dcb9be2_b.jpg

IMGP0025 by theoldsmithy, on Flickr
and with the 02 zoom:
9263630716_e8c9a003a8_b.jpg

IMGP0029 by theoldsmithy, on Flickr
9263634040_9f5dfc9168_b.jpg

IMGP0040 by theoldsmithy, on Flickr

I realised after viewing all the photos that the default image setting is "bright", and I would probably prefer the natural setting as it's easier to tweak contrast up rather than down. But overall I'm very impressed, especially with the 01 prime. Now if there was a 35mm equivalent prime that would be even better....

Couple from Pittsburgh

IMGP0011.jpg
IMGP0057.jpg
IMGP0058.jpg

Back