Ricoh Ricoh GXR + 28mm module

Congratulations, Don!!!
gitara.gif

I still think you should go into camera sales.:D You and Andy might want to consider a trans Atlantic partnership!

Removing the dependence on the viewfinder is IMO one of the greatest benefits of mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. However, a recent poll over at mu-43 showed that the majority of users there choose not to take advantage of that fact. Each to their own.

Duane. Of course the images are beautiful. I find it interesting that he and many find the use of the EVF preferred. The reason I'm here with Gixer is that I don't want a finder.

EVFs (or optical viewfinders) offer a number of benefits over rear screens
  • Easier to see in bright light
  • less likely to make people think you are a zombie
  • Less obvious in low light
  • less prone to destroy your night vision

...to name but a few. I always used my D-Lux 4 with a SBOOI and if it was practical to do so with the GXR I would do the same.

Stan, you can list anything you want. No issues.
I agree about the combination of the 2 cameras. I am in a quandary about this exact issue.

Bill. I study my work, process and myself all the time. When I spot an intrusion on flow, I work to resolve it rather quickly but thoughtfully.
I love the X100 but I am noticing a certain self awareness when I use it. This makes me uncomfortable. Im working on it.
As far as finders go, I already know they intrude.
So, for many they are great but for me a complete no no.
Don

Stan, Jupiter... The Jupiter is my favorite 50mm.
I used it on my Pens many times.
You may be right about a Pentax mount as the 2. companies now share the same office space.

Here is my share! Advance merry Christmas everyone!.......

BTW, anyone experiencing some focusing problems on the A12 28mm module? I often times mis-focus on my subject even if the focus indicator tells me otherwise.

I have experienced this issue. Not sure what causes it but I'm careful to ensure what I want in focus is. It can be frustrating.

Just got a 28 module today, from the little time I have played with it, focus seems fine it is just with these GXR they like to hunt a little and will fire before they are locked in.
Otherwise I am really like how smooth this chip is at 1600, feels different that the grd which is good, they both will have there place, I will post some images once I shoot some more.

Back