Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 21-31)

Finally posted day 23. I'm quite pleased with how the camera coped with the situation, though obviously this shot wasn't taken with the 23mm. I was using the 18-55 an this one was shot at 34.3mm (says Lightroom). Unfortunately I've been sick as a dog for a couple of days so there's going to be a gap of a few days from me.

My frustrations with this event have more to with my feeling of a lack of interest and participation by the group on this site, this time around.

Although I understand where you're coming from, I'd sincerely miss your participation. Your shots are one of those I keep looking forward to.

I think gallery issues (at least for me) play a part in having trouble keeping up with all the entries. But... other than the other times, this time I'm not having any problems so far in uploading a picture a day. Your advice in how to do this in your ordinary life has proven to be essential.

One thing this challenge has taught me is, I need to plan days to go out and scout/photograph different places. Go down the back roads and see what interesting things I can find. Haven't been able to do much of that because my car has been out of commission for a while and just recently got fixed.

As to the lack of interest, there seems to be less people on the forum in general. I used to hang out on the m43 site exclusively until the beginning of last year or so and found the community over here better. But it seems there aren't as many posts on the image threads as their used to be.

I've been hanging in m43 and Fuji forums, but planning to change over here. I hope we could have here more dicussion and focus on photography, rather than gear. Gear part is important and good to have a place to share knowledge. However, in the end of the day, I'm more interested on photograhy and different visions and self-expression than gear and technology :)

I hope we could have here more dicussion and focus on photography, rather than gear. Gear part is important and good to have a place to share knowledge. However, in the end of the day, I'm more interested on photograhy and different visions and self-expression than gear and technology :)

This is one of the more difficult issues on any special interest forums, it always easier to talk equipment than usage and results.

Well, I took a 3 day trip to NYC, and had a lot of "work" shooting to do for the Mrs's website. I wasn't even going to mess with the 27 pancake (my SIJ lens). It was rainy and cold, or snowing, etc. So I just needed to leave one lens on, and it was hard to even be able to shoot, period, with the glove/mitten/biking situation. I came home with over 200 keepers / possibilities, so all is fine, but there was just no way I was going to work in another lens. Had the 35 for nighttime stuff, barely used it either.

Bad weather means I have to do it MY way, or not at all. And my way for a trip like that is the 18-55.

I managing to keep up. The trip to Boston was a challenge last week because there was very little time to think about photography. But the home run here should be no problem. Got a few ideas for tomorrow. I have really learned a lot about the Coolpix A this month.
Glad I am not in Boston this week, might be hard to even get outside to record the predicted blizzard.

Still chugging along.
Two things I've learnt along the way:
- I'd be lost without Aperture.(I've stayed away from LR, but what else I've tried is so much more tedious to work with and never quite produce the 'look' i'm after.)
- my sensor is really, really dirty! Have to get that thing cleaned.

I got shots that need posted, will be doing that later today hopefully. I'm still hanging in there. There are only 4 more days left hang in there guys!

Well, I have just managed to do some catch-up commenting. My apologies for leaving it so long. I'm saddened by how many have dropped along the wayside, but heartened by how many are still pushing for the line. It's TOUGH to come up with something every day. I'll start a "Lessons learned" thread when we finish, but I think I can honestly say that I have found it more than a little bit tougher this time around.

Nearly there...

For the umpteenth time I started browsing the gallery to comment on the photos -- but I end up just viewing and enjoying the photos and reading the comments - usually agreeing with everything (in my head). When it's time to write something, I'm stumped ... my photo-critiquing skills is just so limited!! frustrating!
GREAT EFFORT ALL! Awesome photos! :)

Back