Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 21-31)

I'll post two images tomorrow - took a couple today, but it didn't amount to much, not enough to have a go at post processing immediately, anyway. I wasn't in the mood to have a go at people shots, but that's something I haven't done enough yet.

I'm not finding the camera/lens combo a burden - it's sort of stating the obvious that the 35mm (equiv.) FoV is quite universally usable. But I'm looking forward to using the camera with other lenses again (with the 12-40mm being a favourite, but also the 45mm ...).

That said, I'll probably carry on with a similar self-assigned task, i.e. at least one presentable image a day (posted or not - I'll see) - though not with a single camera/lens combo, but using *all* my gear in order to make the most of it.

M.

Managed to get out and about today. Am I the only one who just takes the one lens out when finding images for this challenge?

I'd find it very frustrating if I found a 'keeper' and had mistakenly used the wrong lens! Anyhoo, the final week approaches. (y)

That's what I have been doing all month, in some ways it has been frustrating when I have struggled for ideas, I think using a different lens might help me to do something different and other days I do not miss the other lenses at all.
yep only another week and hopefully I can put some ideas I have into practice.

Today it's 'dreich' so I might have to think on my feet. Scotland in January, who'd a thunk it?

EDIT: Well I got a shot but it was indoors where the Tokina really struggles with the low light and close focussing. If nothing else, I'm learning to use this lens but the downside is, I'm going to sell it on in February 'cos it's not a great MF lens.

I haven't taken my 40-150 off this month and I haven't really shot with my X-T1. Been pretty focused with this setup minus the 20th lol. I don't find it a burden I really enjoy the telephoto length. So much so that I'm contemplating saving up for that 50-140 for the Fuji. I'm also contemplating continuing to try and get an image each day but not limiting my gear haha.

On another note I have several images to upload and I'll get to those later today. Still enjoying this challenge and I have a shot in mind that I've been meaning to get for a long time. I'm gonna force myself to get up early early and get out there to get it.

I haven't posted for the last few days, mainly because I cannot stick to the single lens/camera combination. I've been fiddling around with the A7R + 50mm Summilux and the RX1 so I probably shouldn't post these. The 50 Sonnar proved difficult, mainly because of it's close focus (or lack of it!) and being inside for the last week meant that I've wanted to get close up and personal to my subjects!

The ride came to a screeching halt today. Went out to take a picture of the moon, slipped on the ice and the camera hit a rock. Lens is bent and jammed and the battery door doesn't close. Took a picture of it with my phone as today's picture. Will see if I can get motivated for the last week and use my old Sigma DP1 or maybe my X100 with a WCL100 converter. That's all I have left in the digital department for now, have been selling off most of my other cameras to make way for something new, but I haven't decided what yet. Maybe a Fujifilm X-Pro1 or Sony A7, we'll see.

-Thomas

The ride came to a screeching halt today. Went out to take a picture of the moon, slipped on the ice and the camera hit a rock. Lens is bent and jammed and the battery door doesn't close. Took a picture of it with my phone as today's picture. Will see if I can get motivated for the last week and use my old Sigma DP1 or maybe my X100 with a WCL100 converter. That's all I have left in the digital department for now, have been selling off most of my other cameras to make way for something new, but I haven't decided what yet. Maybe a Fujifilm X-Pro1 or Sony A7, we'll see.

-Thomas

Sorry to hear that. Are you OK?

I'm enjoying Karen's (Briar) toy series. The images are obviously still lives but look like street shots of the HCB "capturing the decisive moment" school. Maybe this is the new "creating the decisive moment" school. :)

-Thomas

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok.

Thanks for your concern, I'm fine, just a tiny bruise. Camera, not doing great though. No idea if it is even repairable, might be better off getting another one.

-Thomas

Trying to upload day 24's effort but there seems to be a problem creating a thumbnail?

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 150x113 -quality 80 -geometry 150x113 -unsharp 10 '/home/asabet/public_html/photographerslounge.org/gallery/data/826/thumbs/SiJ_Day_Twenty_Four.jpg'

Good work getting things going again Amin - it's much appreciated. :2thumbs:

Sorry about your camera, I have done the same on algae near the harbor, completely smashed the camera. But I am glad to see you are okay.

-Thomas

Well thanks to this challenge, I did my first astrophotography session last night, operating my camera in the dark was fun.

I've been doing some research on astrophotography and going to try and get some milkyway shots this summer. I tried doing some with my 40-150 a few nights ago but that thing isn't fun to focus at night haha.

Back