Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 11-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a great weekend, I've seem to hit a brick wall, only took a few yesterday of my other camera, yet to post it and my mind seem to have gone blank on the creativity side, I've got an hour and 15 mins left for day 13 to get a photo.

Can't wait for Thursday. Gonna be near 40F from Thursday to Sunday. Gonna be great! I got a few shots earlier but I may brave the cold tonight and get some more long exposures, looks like it will be a clear night.

The subjects are everywhere around you, let your eyes wander, follow the light and the images appear

The Sony RX100M3 is doing well, easy to take with me, responsive and highly capable. Although there are times when I do miss my other cameras.

I'm losing track of which day is which. My day 13 was taken on day 11 perhaps since I didn't get out yesterday. Can I claim it as an early banker? Since he arrives tomorrow it will either provide lots of photo ops or completely screw up my shooting - I'm not sure which.

Day 14 was taken on day 14 and I even managed the right lens this time. 've taken this shot a few times now. The backdrop remains the same as do the no parking sign and the concrete block by the arrangement of people, trikes and other variables changes each time. I could probably do a month of just this shot.

I reworked day 12 a bit but I'm leaving the original in place. Happy shooting all.

Getting out is the key. You don't have to travel far to find something of interest which is just as well!

I did struggle to view objects and places which I've seen a thousand times, differently. I tell myself it may be my thousandth view but it's everyone else's first... (y)

Meeting up with the friend I recommended the XE2 / 18-55 kit to at lunch. I'm going to loan him a tripod, the 14 lens, and the ND filter that fits it. Should also get out to snap a few, though it will be cold. So no Day 14 shot from me, yet.

This is a great learning experience. I have learned the following (in no particular order)

1. I dislike deadlines
2. I am not a good photographer
3. the only reason I like cameras is to take photos of my pets
4. By now, I should have more than enough photos of my pets
5. if I have enough photos of my pets, I can sell most of my cameras
6. I like to make lists

My version:

1. I think I already shoot a good number more casual / exploratory shots than most people. I shoot something almost every single day anyway, so the challenge isn't really pushing me to shoot "more," just limiting me to one lens.
2. When it's below 20F out, I really really really can't get the creative juices flowing, unless mother nature is throwing me a freebie.
3. As things stand, I am apparently always going to think an f2.8 lens is "slow." especially one without OIS. I "know" better, but every time I find myself hitting the rev limiters (1/30 and 6400) I think "dammit where are my other two stops?" Fuji have spoiled me positively rotten.

I've learned that I don't like shooting long for non specialized use. Whenever I see a great shot, and point my camera, I get this narrow view of the world that I am not used to. I wish I had chosen my PL25, but this helps me in getting to see the O75 shots.

I've learned, ...again:

I don't like "pressure" shooting. But, life is full of pressure, to get things done.
I don't shoot well under pressure, IE: adverse weather, time limited setup, or most other conditions!
When necessary, any focal length lens (only one available), can be made to work, with some creativity.
Photoshop, can be a real friend, when the photographer doesn't do his best work. :)
Ergonomics, is not essential to the usefulness of a good tool.
Desperation, and laziness, will cause me to post pictures, that I would never do otherwise. :redface:
But, any exercise, is better than none! Including, taking pictures that I am not happy with.
So, I expect, I'll shoot again tomorrow.

Folks, was there an outage last night around 10PM ET? My last act of the day before retiring to bed was to upload my take since the weekend and the main PL page just did not want to load. :( I had other tabs open to other sites so it wasn't my ISP's fault for a change. I might end up missing today. Trying not to - I may resort to an indoor shot (gack), but I'm headed out to Western Mass. on Friday - Sunny and Above Freezing, Woohoo! Plenty of shots that day!

The lunchtime meetup with friend who bought the XE2 turned out to be fun. Got some 27 shots in (to be SIJ-compliant) and then tossed the 56 on for a few more. Results posted in the SIJ gallery, and the "Signs of Winter" thread. It got up to 26F so I was able to walk around for over a hour.

This is a great learning experience. I have learned the following (in no particular order)

1. I dislike deadlines
2. I am not a good photographer
3. the only reason I like cameras is to take photos of my pets
4. By now, I should have more than enough photos of my pets
5. if I have enough photos of my pets, I can sell most of my cameras
6. I like to make lists

7. I need to get more pets.

Today an idea popped into my head on what to photograph and how, so I acted on it. It all worked out brilliantly. I've got an idea for tomorrow, but the subject might be a bit more difficult to get the results that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back