A2VAKTX.png

mCpadUI.png

DvULoPh.png

L0moRHb.png

IyNjrJ7.png

OF04hFe.png

PcR7Ctf.png

Hi Rajiv,

would be interested to know your settings for the above shots, as I have just started using a DP3M

Well done

I never shoot it above base ISO. Shoot in bright sunlight and that's it.

These images were edited using the "monochrome" tab in Sigma Photo Pro. The X3F slider is your friend.

I never shoot it above base ISO. Shoot in bright sunlight and that's it.

These images were edited using the "monochrome" tab in Sigma Photo Pro. The X3F slider is your friend.

Thanks Rajiv

So you do all your B & W processing in Sigma Photo Pro 5 …………..and then export as a jpeg

I started, (only had the camera 2 days), just converting the x3f's to 16 bit Tiffs and then importing these into LR 5 for processing and sometimes going in Nik SEP

Thanks Rajiv

So you do all your B & W processing in Sigma Photo Pro 5 …………..and then export as a jpeg

I started, (only had the camera 2 days), just converting the x3f's to 16 bit Tiffs and then importing these into LR 5 for processing and sometimes going in Nik SEP

Bill, I usually do exactly what you've listed out. This is the first time I tried processing entirely in SPP. It did better than I expected.

Thanks ran, I find when I use SPP for B & W conversions that it "crashes" 50% of the time and I get the spinning beach ball
Bill, I usually do exactly what you've listed out. This is the first time I tried processing entirely in SPP. It did better than I expected.

Thanks Rav …. I have tried using SPP for B & W conversions and I find that 30% of the time the software crashes and I get the spinning beach ball.

The only solution then is to power down my Mac and reboot

Sigma are really missing an opportunity with this technology thru their lack of expertise in some areas … they should outsource such and let the market fill in their weaknesses

LR saves the day and save as a tiff and import into LR is the only stable solution, IMHO

The have a very good camera

Thanks Rajiv

Exactly the approach I took for my DP2m. Occasionally used the x3f slider in SPP before exporting.

Back