Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling
Olympus XZ-2, new and unopened

Prices
$220

Ships to
Worldwide

Description
The XZ-2 is Olympus's enthusiast compact camera with a 1/1.7" sensor. Its sharp i.Zuiko lens zooms from 28mm to 112mm equivalent with a maximum aperture from f/1.8 wide to f/2.5 at the long end. The XZ-2 has a front control wheel and swiveling touch-screen display for great handling. It can use Olympus PEN accessories such as an electronic viewfinder or an external microphone.

This camera is brand new and has not been removed from the box. Any issues with the camera should therefore be resolved in accord with Olympus's 1-year US warranty.

P1260647a.jpg

Payment accepted
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
  • Personal check
  • Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)
  • Cashier's check/money order (no buyer protection)
Shipping method
USPS Priority with insurance

Shipping charge
free to USA, PM for international rate

Handling time
usually one business day

References
Ebay: biffl; Mu-43: RichardB

Additional comments
-

Acknowledgement
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited:
Have you checked that Olympus' warranty is transferable? Because my understanding is that it is not.

The box says there is a warranty card enclosed, and I'd be glad to provide a copy of my receipt from an authorized US dealer dated 2014-12-09. However, the warranty is regional to "the Americas" so it covers service only in the Western Hemisphere.

My point is that the warranty will almost certainly only be honoured for the original purchaser, and so someone buying the camera second hand (even if it is entirely unused) cannot benefit from the warranty.

My point is that the warranty will almost certainly only be honoured for the original purchaser, and so someone buying the camera second hand (even if it is entirely unused) cannot benefit from the warranty.

If that were Olympus's policy, no one who received an Olympus camera as a gift would have any warranty coverage. I have never had trouble getting warranty coverage as long as I had proof of purchase from an authorized distributor within the warranty period.

Edit: I have talked to Olympus support and was assured that the XZ-2 warranty would be honored, even for a person other than the original purchaser, within a year from the date shown on the purchase receipt.

If there is any problem from Olympus (though they say there won't be) I will stand behind the warranty and submit the camera to Olympus myself if my buyer returns it to me by December 9, 2015. I will pay for shipping to Olympus and back to my buyer in that case. But my experience and Olympus's representative assure that there will be no need for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back