Winter, contre-jour

daisychaining, I used to know one of the founder members of Curved Air (no, not sonja kristina)

now I'm picturing you being a 70s ProgRocker running around with Long hair. That image doesn't jibe with the current one of the large format camera, tripod-wielding landscape photographer. But I guess we're all a lot more complex than a one sentence summation based on a few years' worth of quips and one-liners on a website. ;)

friend of mine knows Nik Turner, and many many moons ago my late father used to bump into Roger Waters (at a golf club, of all places ... but then most prog-rockers were nice middle class boys anyway)

Age catches up with us ...

I still remember vividly the first time I heard Hawkwind. I still take great delight in playing them for someone for the first time to see the look in their eyes. It's like throwing a switch.

Nik is still gigging. He's getting on for 75 ...

he played here a couple months ago. I heard it was great. I'll be happy to just not be drooling on myself at 75. I certainly won't be fronting a psychedelic juggernaut of a spacerock band.

But I seem to have derailed this thread, so to bring it back to the photos, I think "Hurry On Sundown" from Hawkwind's first LP would be perfect for the 3rd photo. ;)

*off to Google "The Wrong Trousers"*

I've always love Gromit, but Wallace keeps me from watching more of these. I don't know if that is just my general preference for dogs to humans or the fact that Wallace is a buffoon.

I'm listing a bunch of classical CDs for sale on Amazon today and playing some to relieve the tedium. These images work great with Bach cantatas.

Who is performing the Bach cantatas? Have a link?? I'm looking for any CD's of Bach Cantatas by Hermann Scherchen. I have most of the LPs, but would still be interested if you have any, just in case I'm missing one.

Who is performing the Bach cantatas? Have a link?? I'm looking for any CD's of Bach Cantatas by Hermann Scherchen. I have most of the LPs, but would still be interested if you have any, just in case I'm missing one.

I have never seen the Scherchen versions of the cantatas on CD. I hardly ever see ANY of those Westminster LP titles on disc come to think of it. I forget who was conducting the ones I was listening to....I was testing out an SACD player I picked up from eBay to test all the SACDs I'm listing that may have some light scuffs or fingerprints. I have a bunch of the Gardiner discs if you're interested in any of those, although I've sold a few of them already.

Back