Painting with light

Pim

Regular
Name
Pim
I live in the city of Eindhoven in The Netherlands, which is often referred to as The City of LIght, due to the fact that it is the birthplace of the electronics company Philips, that started over a hundred years ago as a producer of lightbulbs, and still today is a major player in (industrial) lighting. To emphasize the "City of Light" name there is a festival every year in November called Glow that shows many different light exhibitions, from small art set-ups tho huge projections on the main buildings of the city. It is quite impressive to see and draws people from all over the country,including many photographers obviously. I tried my hand at a few pictures this year of one of the exhibitions on a church in the centre of the city. I do not normally use a tripod, so it was a bit of trial and error, but some came out OK and at least show the different light projections...

DSCF0870.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0893.jpg

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0915.jpg

DSCF0901.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

Nice shots Pim.
A few years ago I just had my first serious camera and went to Glow festival without tripod, trying to capture shots (in other words: 1/10 shutter speed and lots of noise). I learned a lot that night hehe:tongue:

Back