illuminations

That's a very interesting response, Peter :)

In what way do you see these particular photographs as "experiments" ?

I may use the wrong words, especially since you do not use the same scene for various settings but I was referring to how you are playing with light to communicate a certain mood. I just assumed that you tried various compositions and settings before you took the shots. So I did not mean to suggest that you "just" tried something.
Does that make more sense?

My apologies for my use of the English language. I assure you that I am much more proficient in the Dutch language ;-)

That's a very interesting response, pniev :)

In what way do you see these particular photographs as "experiments" ?

No need to apologise Peter. Your English will always be better than my Dutch ...

It's always interesting to me to hear what is triggered - emotionally, psychologically - by my photographs, especially as I rarely give them titles or offer any verbal context for them; I think this annoys some people, particularly as I am not at all interested in discussing technical matters ;)

So what I think I'm hearing from you is that you like the sense of exploration and intention that the images trigger?

That is a good way of describing it. In this case the intention to visualize illumination followed by the exploration. To me that seems to be a theme across your photographs.

So what I think I'm hearing from you is that you like the sense of exploration and intention that the images trigger?

There is one other thing that puzzles me. Your photographs also trigger a feeling of nostalgia or even sadness. Which probably tells a lot about me. ;-)

May I ask what you want to convey in your photographs? What drives you in your photography?

Peter

Thanks for your interest. Rather than repeat myself in this thread, can I give you a link?

It's for an "interview" I did with Olivier Duong (he's one of the editors - along with Don Springer - of The Inspired Eye) for his blog. Some of the info is a bit out of date, as I did it in February, but it should give you some clues to what I'm doing :)

Making Something New in the World

Back