any real world first person waterproof camera recommendations

J1 + 10-30 can be had for <$200 without too much effort it seems, so you can put together a fairly serious dive rig for under $300. But for all I know the TG-850 is better. :)

the Nikon1 will be better without a doubt. But in a rare instance (for me), I wanted a cheap solution, not the best one. For how often I will use it, the Oly was the right choice for me. I also like the "tough" aspect....and the pocketability and the cold weatherness. It's worse at imaging, but a better all arounder.

I also know that it would give me LBA (lens buying addiction) and that would add on another $1,500 to my cheap underwater camera purchase......LOL.

the Nikon1 will be better without a doubt. But in a rare instance (for me), I wanted a cheap solution, not the best one. For how often I will use it, the Oly was the right choice for me. I also like the "tough" aspect....and the pocketability and the cold weatherness. It's worse at imaging, but a better all arounder.

I also know that it would give me LBA (lens buying addiction) and that would add on another $1,500 to my cheap underwater camera purchase......LOL.

Luke, remember most camera companies require that you send the camera in to have the seals replaced every year in order to remain waterproof. I used the TG-820 for a season before giving it to my niece. I really don't know how expensive that service is.

For anyone who cares, Oly is offering refurbed TG-850's for $159. Both black and silver.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/outlet/outlet-featured/tg-850-black-reconditioned.html

Timing is everything. Up until Dec. 11, a special discount code would get you this camera for $119.

Oh man!!! really?? If only get olympus would ship outside the states. The prices Im seeing for this camera are not even close to those ones. Anyone wants to buy it for me and ship it to the end of the world aka NZ?

In a long list of things I never thought I'd hear my wife say is this gem "don't forget to rinse off your camera". She's so smart.....gotta get that nasty saltwater off the camera. She really enjoyed playing with the camera underwater.
15417477493_9fa19a288a_c.jpg

Back