First Few Days With Recently Acquired X-E2

Still no joy. Hitting the Display button while in playback mode doesn't give me any option to change the LCD/EVF options. All I have is Information on, Information off, Detail information, and Favourite. The only way I can get to the LCD/EVF settings when in playback is via the menu which then resets my chosen LCD/EVF option for everything. For whatever reason the X-E2 doesn't seem to have the option you have on the X-T1. Thanks anyway. Perhaps Fuji will oblige with a software update.

Nice work Olli - I'm glad you're enjoying the new camera. I had one for a while and in combination with Fuji's excellent primes (or zooms, but I always liked the primes more), makes for a great walk around kit. I particularly like the second shot and the one of the structure with the plastic kayak hanging on the wall to the left. Not sure what it is about either of them, but my eye is really drawn to both...

-Ray

Thanks Ray. I think in the two you mentioned it's the lines that draw the eye. In the second one everything is converging but the kayak just breaks it up a little. The first one you mentioned caught my eye because from this angle it looks like a giant question mark floating on the water and 'stretching' to the horizon.

I got the 35 as well as the 18-55 and I'm looking forward to using it out on the streets here in Manila. I think my distinction is that the zoom is for when I'm with others, non photographers, and the primes are for when I'm out on my own or with other photographers.

I particularly like the feel of the lenses. They are very satisfying to handle and use and as money permits I'll be adding a few more. I'm looking forward at some point to getting hold of the forthcoming 16mm. I borrowed the little Sony 16 E mount for my NEX5 once and had a great time with it and got some great shots. I had hoped that Sony might come up with a revised version of the 16 closer to the the Sigma 19 in optical performance, but they never did so it was particularly gratifying to see this lens on Fuji's recent roadmap.

Ok, I brought the X100 in so I could see what it is I actually do... same instructions but I'm hitting the "View Mode" and ... quick google search later, you are hosed, my poor friend. Fuji goofed on this one and left it off when they went from the XE1 to the XE2. You're not alone in your frustration. They had BETTER fix that via firmware!

While the X-E2 is well built, it felt a little lightweight in my hand after my NEX7 though whether it actually is lighter I don't know, but the NEX7 to me has a solidity that the X-E2 doesn't.

This was the same impression that I got when I tried out the X-Pro1 and X-E1 a couple of years ago. Both of those cameras were quite light relative to their size and as such give the impression of not being particularly solid, although I'm sure that they are well built.

Back