what's your taste in Music?

My god is Leo Kottke still alive?

As far as I know -- I saw him live at Troy Music Hall a few years ago. He is an inspiration for me picking 12-string guitar.

I first heard him when a friend played a cut for me off the "Armadillo" album. Here's the actual conversation we had:

Me: That's two guys playing.

Friend: Nope. Just one guy.

Me: Then he doesn't have the standard number of finger or hands.

Cheers, Jock

That's the thing about a thread like this... It just asks for those "...and how could I forget..." updates to one's original list. Thus:

How could I forget Dire Straits...?

That's the thing about a thread like this... It just asks for those "...and how could I forget..." updates to one's original list. Thus:

How could I forget Dire Straits...?

That is one band that I just never "got". I always thought they were trying to hard. Too jazzy and too flashy. But to be fair, I never gave them a chance. And when I was a young one, it was always know-it-all middle-aged guys that loved them. Anyways, I have LOVED nearly every one of his solo LPs. So maybe I'm growing into one of those middle-aged know-it-alls. When I get to the shop today, I'm going to give the Straits a fair shake. I'll play them all in chronological order (and quit when I get to "Brothers in Arms".....I heard that enough in high school for an entire lifetime) and re-evaluate them.

btw, Knopfler made a pretty good American country record under the pseudonym The Notting Hillbillies that is worth seeking out if you're open to that idea.

Spotify is really cool for broadening your horizon - search for any word & see where it takes you - eg potato / lemon / whatever (yes I mean whatever), then follow the suggested links

there are masses of unknown names producing excellent sounds

Hey All,

Boy am I from the wrong side of the tracks with respect to this topic...

My music is simple, message laden (commonly), singable and danceable - not from high school or college or "high brow".

So a few examples - hope I don't offend...

My all-time favorite band - Reckless Kelly yeah Idaho Boys moved to Austin - now part of that Texas Red Dirt music scene. That is Willie Braun singin...

Ben Bullington - a country doctor from Montana - died of cancer a couple years ago...

I was born in 55 myself.

The Trishas - more Austin texas stuff - each of these women is an outstanding musician in their own right. Kelly Mickwee is lead singer here...

One more - Mandolin Orange - I can listen to Emily and Andrew for hours..

And then there is old country, new country, bluegrass, blues, cajun, rockabilly (yes Lucille!), french canadian, australian country, modern rock and pop creativity so much good stuff - I've no time to live in my past.

-Ed-

Hey All,

Nother EasyEd kinda song...

Ever have one of them girlfriends or wives?

A little Grass - Enjoy!

-Ed-

PS A dream of mine would be to have my photography speak as eloquently as music...

Back