Samsung Why dead this forum?

Samsung NX is not sold very much and I am currently only using a German forum for NX discussions, because on all other forums there are not enough users for bigger discussions. =/

We do have a few NX users but not many. I hope their new NX1 will give the whole system a boost, as it's a really well put together system if you ask me...

Many of us have been watching the development of Samsung's offerings for quite a number of years. They've been getting closer and closer to that breakthrough/tipping point for the past couple of years but still it was usually "close but no cigar." And now, I think they may finally be there. With any luck, there'll be many more Samsung shooters going forward.

Samsung offers great cameras and lenses, but their marketing seems to be virtually inexistent and there are by far less people buying Samsung as the quality of their products would suggest.

Samsung is a sleeping giant. This is a big company that if it chooses, can go 'toe to toe' in a dog fight with Sony for Sensor supremecy. They have huge State of the art Wafer Fabrication facilities. For whatever reason Samsung seems to be content with it's offerings and not entering the Sensor supplier market.

I have always wanted a Samsung but can't justify it with all the Sony's I already own. Samsung, give us a full frame or shock us all with a semi affordable medium format, and I will be in...

Samsung makes too much of everything. If the NX1 doesnt hit the financial sweet spot for them, it will fade away like everything else. Look at their phones. Buy the latest Samsung phone available to you in your particular country, then go look at GSMarena.com and find that it has already been superceded by another 10 phones they are just about to release. Its madness. I wont touch them. I'll stick with Pentax, like they should have.

/rant

The market is this, new model exit end all change for new model. Samsung in not the only. Fuji? Used market full of EX1 after relase EX2 and now for last model. Sony? Pentax?? K7-K5-K5II-K5IIs-k3, K7 exit 05-2009 K3 10-2013 and resist because is a great camera also today.
The problem (for me) is the Samsung user is 99% beginners and not use the camera, not make photo but buy camera how toys. The used market is full of NX1000-1100-2000 and all as new

Hmmm....
Ours also sports Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, Pentax, & Fuji....:cool: :)

:p~~~~~

I was in ours the other day. There was one EM-5, two Sony somethings, a Ricoh GRD3 with an addon of some kind they want over $600 for (the lot, not just the addon) and a half dozen compacts which were outdated and discontinued last year. when you ask about anything else, they have to order it in. BAH!

What are these brick and mortar stores you speak of? :tongue:

Exactly. My local brick and mortar is called Wal-Mart. Not sure what kinds of cameras they sell because I don't shop there, but I'm guessing it would not be a great list.

Last year I walked into a camera store in New Orleans. It had been at least 10 years since I had ventured into any place even remotely considered a camera shop and it was almost confusing to see all those bodies and lenses. It was good to get a sense of the relative size of various brands.

We still have a camera store in Harvard Square, and I see a good mix of old-timer pro types dropping off film and tourists from overseas buying cheap DSLRs. But they do offer all the Fuji stuff, and Samsung (I think), plus Olympus and a few others. It's a nice little store and I do what I can to keep it there.

When I had purchase my primer samsung kit I don't search forum, but when I buy more gear a year ago I see forums with samsung nx and suscribe it but little activity, in my third intend to dig information on forums, find some, on here in Spain and this whith activity. The NX's forum of Steve's Digicams my first option is dead, only donalduck post very interesting material, but no serious discusions.
I think it's by the samsung's nature of megacorporation, don't care local markets, the comercial distribution line is very complex in a global maker.
The accesories are very difficult to find and only on Internet, an digging deep in online shops on multiple countries.
Only is easy to buy camera kits, not body only or specific lenses or flashes.
The feedback inexistent, the products registering is very chaotic and web pages chaging constantly.
Only autentic fans find all things, with constance.
The NX1 is a promise, only the professionals make orders with the camera in his hands, with a first products class, the professional photographer demands care and feedbacks, Samsung must prove this to atract a professional user, not consumer.
The causes of the nx forums is the same, only who had take contact with nx system know it's potential and love it. The average user only is guided by the publicity and the specialiced vendors without samsun in his stands.

Back