The Official For God's Sake Stop Talking About Cameras And Post Photographs Instead Thread

Attachments

• 15165067727_40a379da6d_b.jpg
    15165067727_40a379da6d_b.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 50
Pink Holga

I know this is the official For-God's-Sake-Stop-Talking-About-Cameras (And-Post-Photographs-Instead) thread - but taking a picture of someone with their camera while they're talking about cameras - is okay .... isn't it? Especially if the camera is a pink plastic Holga rangefinder that has been dutifully taped up agains the ever-present light leaks?

15178190058_1328cf421e_b.jpg

Pretty in PInk
by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

The weird part is: the more I looked at it....the more I wanted one too. But John, to whom the camera belongs, insists that in spite of the color - the photographs it produces are not tinged with pink.

Typewriter and Truck

Two more contributions to the thread.

The first, the old typewriter (an ancient "Smith + Corona") that belonged to my late aunt, a writer and historian, who typed hundreds and thousands of pages on it. It sits in a place of honor in my living room -

15396106375_54523eb425_b.jpg

my Aunt's typewriter

The interesting thing is that, though this image almost appears to be a sepia-toned monochrome, it's not - it's color. From a RAW digital negative which I did remarkably little processing to. The EOS-M I took it with is a quirky beast, but its tiny 22mm pancake lens may be an underrated gem.

But this photo - taken with the same camera/sensor/lens combination - was processed for monochrome. Taken on the main street/highway of the small Oregon town where I live -

15209364588_79e21a06b4_b.jpg

Jim's Better Buys

Back