Ricoh To Share: FIRST shots with GXR & A12 50mm Lens!

BigNebs

Rookie
My GXR system arrived the other day ...WOW!
The images are nothing short of SUPERB!
Here are some taken with the 50mm module.

The 28mm module arrived today - will post some images from this soon - after I have updated the firmware. I was slightly disappointed it didn't arrive with the latest version like my camera body & 50mm module did..

I'm IN LOVE with this camera! It may have been discontinued but it really is a stellar little unit. The perfect street photographers tool not to mention incredible macro capabilities :)

Attachments

• Toz macro Eye.jpg
    Toz macro Eye.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 208
  • Toz Closeup.jpg
    Toz Closeup.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 172
  • R0010171.jpg
    R0010171.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 211
  • RIMG0062.jpg
    RIMG0062.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 174
  • R0010124.jpg
    R0010124.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 179
  • RIMG0025.jpg
    RIMG0025.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Melbourne town.jpg
    Melbourne town.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 170
Preaching to the converted;). Always been a big fan of this combo. Love the b and w photos and your cityscape.

Thank you so very much! I am just a bit excited to find all in one: a compact, solidly made, no fuss, intuitive little camera which produces almost film like images. There is something wonderfully arty about the way this lensor combo renders everything :)

ditto, where was my voice of reason?

you were distracted by "the new" (whatever that may have been at the time).

I even re-got one after selling mine and loved it to bits. I wish I could remember what made me sell it (again) :(

I'm just going to remind myself that my current gear works well for me and that re-getting the GXR won't turn me into a better photographer.

I miss mine. It definitely has a unique look and you seem to be bonding well with it. nice sets

Thanks Luke.. Glad you enjoyed my GXR faure - I definitely AM bonding with it - it feels great :) I have a Canon 7d.. Have tried to bond with it for the last 2 years - but just can't 'love' it.. The GXR was love at first snap!

Lovely images and beautiful black and white tones!

Unfortunately by the time that I got to try the GXR I had been spoiled by higher tech cameras like the E-M5, but the A12 modules had one of my all-time favourite sensors and two very sharp lenses.

My GXR system arrived the other day ...WOW!
The images are nothing short of SUPERB!
Here are some taken with the 50mm module.

The 28mm module arrived today - will post some images from this soon - after I have updated the firmware. I was slightly disappointed it didn't arrive with the latest version like my camera body & 50mm module did..

I'm IN LOVE with this camera! It may have been discontinued but it really is a stellar little unit. The perfect street photographers tool not to mention incredible macro capabilities :)

you are wringing out some of the best shots I have seen taken with this camera. I use the M Mount with Zeiss 21mm Biogon. I cannot touch you for quality....not even in the same ball park.

Are you kidding me?!
I am am overwhelmed by this comment & I thank you sincerely... I was incerdibly excited when I saw what this 50mm lens was capable of! Mind blowing really! I have been playing with the 28mm this morning & will post some shots when I get some I am happy with. I haven't connected with it quite as much as the 50mm yet - doesn't seem to have quite the same quality but thats because I need to adjust to the new field of view & different shooting style. It also seems to mis-focus alot or be very slow to focus.
Thanks again Pete :))))
And I would love to check out some of your m-mount images..:redface:

you are wringing out some of the best shots I have seen taken with this camera. I use the M Mount with Zeiss 21mm Biogon. I cannot touch you for quality....not even in the same ball park.

I just checked out your Flickr account peter, & you have some wonderful stuff there!
Love your street photography & your tall ships images are beautiful..
I noticed you were in Australia? I'm Australian :)

Some more shots with the GXR A12 50mm module...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Toz & Girl.jpg
    Toz & Girl.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Dingo Pup.jpg
    Dingo Pup.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Jewish reunion.jpg
    Jewish reunion.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 158
  • Mary & Toz Music.jpg
    Mary & Toz Music.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Stanley.jpg
    Stanley.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 155
  • gamer.jpg
    gamer.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 161
  • Little Creatures Toz.jpg
    Little Creatures Toz.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 166
  • Contrast Melb skyline.jpg
    Contrast Melb skyline.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 160
  • The Torrinator.jpg
    The Torrinator.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 170
I just checked out your Flickr account peter, & you have some wonderful stuff there!
Love your street photography & your tall ships images are beautiful..
I noticed you were in Australia? I'm Australian :)

Thanks, I'll be there again next year up in Ballina, Sydney too .......before NZ. Then the year after another trip to Aus'.

Awesome! Ballina is beautiful - that whole area is amazing :)
Do you have relations here?
I'm from down south in East Gippsland - also a beautiful area.
My parents are in Sydney tho so we visit a few times a year :)

I also just bought a new unit of the 50mm macro lensor from China and shipped to Malaysia with incredible price, US$86 only!!!!

Now the lens arrived but I am 9000KM away from it! (Biz trip in Helsinki now)

Can't wait to see, touch and test my new baby :)

Last edited:
Back