Night Football At ISO 51,200 and ISO 25,600 (No noise reduction)

Those are pretty impressive, although even at this small size you can see a good deal of noise in some of the darker skin, so I'd imagine they get pretty ugly at larger sizes. Still, at 25,600, it's pretty amazing to get any sort of usable images, particularly in color!

My only longer telephoto is the VF version of the same lens you were using - not sure if yours is VF or not. I don't see getting anything fast and long for this camera - that's where the size penalty really starts to add up...

-Ray

Those are pretty impressive, although even at this small size you can see a good deal of noise in some of the darker skin, so I'd imagine they get pretty ugly at larger sizes. Still, at 25,600, it's pretty amazing to get any sort of usable images, particularly in color!

My only longer telephoto is the VF version of the same lens you were using - not sure if yours is VF or not. I don't see getting anything fast and long for this camera - that's where the size penalty really starts to add up...

-Ray

Mine is not VF...hence the high ISO for fast shutter speeds.
Next season though - I'll be able to test my new (old) Non-VR 80-200 ƒ2.8...:redface:

RT- very interesting photos (and football gear!).

For a moment there I thought you were shooting high ISO action with your RX-10. One of the reasons I purchased it was to cover my son's marching band competitions, which are in the evening. While I am very happy with the color and sharpness overall, I am still a bit worried about using it for high ISO action. Any thoughts? DId you take photos of the same event with your RX-10?

Thanks,

Ed

RT- very interesting photos (and football gear!).

For a moment there I thought you were shooting high ISO action with your RX-10. One of the reasons I purchased it was to cover my son's marching band competitions, which are in the evening. While I am very happy with the color and sharpness overall, I am still a bit worried about using it for high ISO action. Any thoughts? DId you take photos of the same event with your RX-10?

Thanks,

Ed

I had a 135 ƒ2.8 prime on me and calculated to maintain my shutter speed (800), I would have had to shoot the RX10 at ISO 3200....
But I did think about using it...:)

Back