Post images of your "lounge" here

A fish eye view of my lounge...

13965807428_797437a5d3_b.jpg
Peeking In by andywest1, on Flickr

I THINK that looks like a nice place. I KNOW it's a really cool photograph! I love the way you see the reflection of your fingers in the window. Really feels like you're personally inside the camera looking out. Which is what's going on with all photographs, but this just FEELS like it...

-Ray

I'll be moving out soon, though I'll miss the space. A bit more details about the apartment here (House Tour: Rajiv’s Bangalore Wabi Sabi)

I just looked through that slide show Rajiv - VERY cool use of space. The first place my wife and I lived in was about 700 square feet - we both moved into that from tiny little studio type units, so it felt kind of big to us. The extra 200 feet or so made it possible for the bathroom to be fully enclosed, as well as the kitchen. But the living room and bedroom were both quite small. I hope you like where you're going - I can imagine that place will be tough to leave...

-Ray

Rajiv, that place looks gorgeous. The combination of subtle colours and classic mid-century design is wonderful. I particularly like this quote from the article:

What Friends Say: The guys love it. The woman vote is divided. One woman pal commented that she hated it because "it doesn't allow or consider space for another human being. Its all you you you!" Guilty.

Translation: "I can't stand the idea of someone constructing a living space around themselves, because there is no room for me, me, me." Not that she necessarily wanted to be with you, but comments like that smack of a general self-centeredness that is offended by the thought that someone is doing something without considering them.

I just looked through that slide show Rajiv - VERY cool use of space. The first place my wife and I lived in was about 700 square feet - we both moved into that from tiny little studio type units, so it felt kind of big to us. The extra 200 feet or so made it possible for the bathroom to be fully enclosed, as well as the kitchen. But the living room and bedroom were both quite small. I hope you like where you're going - I can imagine that place will be tough to leave...

-Ray

Thanks Ray, much appreciated. The problem with being in the design business is that it makes one a bit less sentimental about spaces. It's always the last thing one does that holds one's attention. I'll still own this space, but will let it out 'as is' and hope that someone else will enjoy and take care of it much like I did. I'm already excited about doing up the new apartment which should be very different, since it has a completely different quality of light. I need that extra space to house my lights, tripod, an extra bed and other paraphernalia.

Rajiv, that place looks gorgeous. The combination of subtle colours and classic mid-century design is wonderful. I particularly like this quote from the article:

What Friends Say: The guys love it. The woman vote is divided. One woman pal commented that she hated it because "it doesn't allow or consider space for another human being. Its all you you you!" Guilty.

Translation: "I can't stand the idea of someone constructing a living space around themselves, because there is no room for me, me, me." Not that she necessarily wanted to be with you, but comments like that smack of a general self-centeredness that is offended by the thought that someone is doing something without considering them.

Thanks! I do get where they're coming from though. This apartment is very much a bachelor pad. Hopefully the newer space I'm moving into won't make them feel that way!

Back