Feedback White screens and site nonfunctional from tablet or phone

on chrome, clicking on the three little squares to the right of the url and then clicking "request desktop site" fixes my problems! All works fine now!:yahoo:

Yup, that does it for me too. Amazing what you miss no matter how obvious it is and how hard you're looking for it....

Perhaps not sticky or a full time fix, but it'll do until Amin finds whatever little Gremlins live under the surface...

-Ray

I've never tried to use the mobile site on the ipads. The site works if I manually enter the URL and then log in. What doesnt work, consistently, regardless of browser, is anything beyond listings of stuff. So, I can get the forum listing. I can get thread listings under various forums. I can NOT access anything via .../showthread.php (so I had to come back to the computer to add this post)

Also available are things like profile and settings. I'm using Safari but also tried Mercury, iCab and Proton.

I am working on this now, trying everything I can think of. Lots of stuff will be broken during the work. Bear with me...

Interestingly, you must have solved something. Because right now I am posting from the mobile site on my iPhone 4S. I have not needed to clear caches or data. I *have* waited until my bookmark change made it via icloud to other devices. I have edited bookmarks to reflect the new url rather than relying on a redirect.

[edit] And that was a temp fix at best. After I posted this from the phone, instead of returning me to the thread, it resulted in a blank page. However, I still could see the threads, and read them.

I had the white screen problem accessing via tapatalk on my iphone.
I just clicked the plus symbol to add a forum. Searched for Photographers lounge. When it found it , it replaced the serious compacts icon and I was back in business .

I've tried changing the DNS on my Ipad to match my Desktop but all of my browsers ..Safari Penguin Photon Atomic and Skyfire..still fail to load site content.
So that's Google and Open DNS tested.
Changing User Agent appears to involve a complex syncing via ITunes so it's not something that's easily acheived.
Still white pages for me.

PS I've just noticed that the Atomic Browser lets me identify the IPAD in a variety of ways that is changing the User Agent. Just switched to calling it IE6 and the site works fine
Same with Mercury Browser ; by calling it Firefox the site loads OK and Photon also allows a User Agent change.
Like Safari , Chrome doesn't seem to allow User Agent change but the free Opera browser does so that could be a temp solution for those relying on IPad/Iphone.

I get white screen thread content on my Android 'phone using Opera Mini.

Full site works, but unusable because of screen size.

All fine in Tapatalk

I get white screen thread content on my Android 'phone using Opera Mini.

Full site works, but unusable because of screen size.

All fine in Tapatalk
In Opera mini if you tap the "O" you'll see settings at the bottom of the page.
Under settings go down to User Agent and select Desktop
( but I've not tested this on an Android version)

I had the white screen problem accessing via tapatalk on my iphone.
I just clicked the plus symbol to add a forum. Searched for Photographers lounge. When it found it , it replaced the serious compacts icon and I was back in business .

Thought I would try reinstalling tapatalk on the ipad. It automatically applied the PL membership, and then when I tried to access, I got a message that the site was not available, try later. gave up.

Same with Mercury Browser ; by calling it Firefox the site loads OK and Photon also allows a User Agent change.

Excellent, I'll give that a try, it is frustrating, I have no heating in the study and its cold this morning and I want to be using the ipad.

Well I would nippa, but on 7.6.35766 (I updated yesterday), there is no such setting

I see there's an Opera app to change agent called
User-Agent Switcher
Perhaps this would help but I returned the only Android Tablet after hours of frustration and although I think there was I fault with it ; I'd become so used to the ease of using an IPad I gave up.

For IPad users the upcoming IOS8 is said to allow agent switching but for now all we can do is wait.

Curiously, I use an older release of Tapatalk (2.x) on my Android phone (newer versions are rubbish, with too much advertising and are hard to Mod with) and it is working fine...

Now posting from a mini Ipad using Safari.
You've either fixed it Amin or by completely closing Safari from the multi task bar then enabling ****Script ,web inspector and cookies something useful has occurred. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

edited using Desktop

Now posting from a mini Ipad using Safari.
You've either fixed it Amin or by completely closing Safari from the multi task bar then enabling ****Script ,web inspector and cookies something useful has occurred. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

edited using Desktop

Odd. My ipad mini is working ok too. Wonder if i'll get the blank when the page reloads, thats what happened on the iphone...

[edit] all good on reload, too.

Back