SeriousCompacts.com is now PhotographersLounge.org

Amin

Hall of Famer
When I started SeriousCompacts in early 2007, smaller digital compacts weren't being taken seriously. To the industry and in the public eye, pro and enthusiast photography meant big DSLRs. A group of us understood that smaller cameras could produce seriously good images, and the site was born.

Now in 2014, the rest of the world has caught up. For 4-5 years now, it seems hardly a month has gone by where some prominent magazine or blogger wasn't proclaiming that it might be time to drop the DSLR and go mirrorless. These days, those posts read a lot like "Time to Get a Smartphone?" — late to the game.

As a group, our DNA is still very much that of small camera afficionados; however, many of us enjoy larger cameras as well. To some of us, the site name "Serious Compacts" has become an unnecessary limitation. A barrier to sharing with the community what we shoot with larger cameras. And let's face it, we're not a very serious group at all. On the contrary, the relaxed atmosphere is something we all cherish.

So with that, I'm happy to announce that Serious Compacts is now Photographers' Lounge. Nothing much has changed except that it is now explicit that we welcome discussion about and photos from all sorts of gear from phone cameras to medium format film and everything in between.

Please note the new address: www.photographerslounge.org

Thanks Amin.

Is it appropriate to note any inconsistencies in the forum appearance in this thread or do you want them in the "help" forums?

Ok.
The only thing I'm seeing that sticks outlike a sore thumb is that the "SeriousCompacts will be down for maintenance and changes at 1pm EST today (less then 10 minutes from now)" banner is popping up all over the place still

Ok.
The only thing I'm seeing that sticks outlike a sore thumb is that the "SeriousCompacts will be down for maintenance and changes at 1pm EST today (less then 10 minutes from now)" banner is popping up all over the place still

Should be fixed now. Thanks!

I know the mobile style still has the old logo and that the FAQ and other sticky threads need editing as well.

Has a nice sound to it. But, sure drops the "serious", which was part of my reason for adopting this place as "photography home". Oh well, I'm retired now, so, I guess I don't need to be serious about my "sunset years" of photography either! :)

One more little thing:
If i click on "Active Discussions" or "Image Threads", the menu disappears once you land. You have to click one of the tabs to get it back.

(I think I noticed this on the "old" site come to think of it, but my memory might easily be playing tricks )

I am totally up for a brandy, a maroon satin smoking jacket bearing the PL logo (with Panther's e-Cigar) and a leather recliner. Ahhhh...

I see I can't connect via Tapatalk any longer so I presume that that means of access has been abandoned completely now?

I know you were planning to do so anyway

Back