Panasonic So I took the FZ100 today

That's frightfully clear and sharp for a bridge camera Sue. Hard to know how it would hold up with larger viewing sizes or large prints, but for this sort of presentation, DAMN!

-Ray

Crikey, that's nice!

Cheers, Jock

Thanks Jock! I was actually amazed at how well the shots turned out. This is a crop, its only about 25% of the full shot (and resized down anyway). The birds were far too nervous about me, even though I was in the car, and shooting from there. You can see his left leg, he's about to push off. He didn't, he settled down, but I wasn't going closer, don't like to spook them. I'll be going back, again and again, until they get used to me. As I drove off, I realised that some of the debris that was in the tree they were in, they had made use of for a nesting spot. Its not exactly breeding season but I suspect they may come back to the same place time after time. They mate for life, too, apparently, and their hunting areas are in open grassland... check! Thats all that was nearby. Don't think the local rodents have much of a chance.

That's frightfully clear and sharp for a bridge camera Sue. Hard to know how it would hold up with larger viewing sizes or large prints, but for this sort of presentation, DAMN!

-Ray

Thanks, Ray :) Bridge cameras are fine as long as you recognise their limitations, I find. So, don't try to shoot anything in bad light, especially at full zoom. Try to keep your low light stuff in the sunrise to sunset time. Don't bother with night. And, of course, be prepared to spend time on post processing, but don't overdo it, because you'll make the shortcomings of the small sensor bridge cam even more noticeable. I would not try to print these larger than 10x8/A4. But I think they would be OK at that. I had a brilliant print (of the beached Pasha Bulker, looming out of the fog) from an even smaller sensor up on my wall at work. After I left, they kept that one.

Back