Fuji New to the XF1 - now X30..gone..now X100T..gone. I’m back

You guys are proving the XF1 is a great little alternative to the RX100.

How do you find low light performance?
Do you process RAWs from your XF1 or just use the OOC jpg?

the fields of gold above was in RAW although the jpg are usually pretty good.

I imagine that the RX100 will be better in low light ( i haven't tried my xf1 yet ) and will also capture more detail

I imagine that the RX100 will be better in low light ( i haven't tried my xf1 yet ) and will also capture more detail

While I am sure this is true, the performance of my XF1 is what has prevented me from rushing to buy the RX100. Maybe when the price of the Mark III comes down by $100 or so. But I am repeatedly surprised at how I can save images from the XF1 even if they are substantially underexposed - even when shooting jpgs.

The XF-1 is a decent camera for the current price. I had two of them and sold both.
I thought the JPEG colors were good but, the images were a bit soft for my tastes.

It's not a bad camera. Built quite well but, it didn't turn me on.

DSCF1129-2.jpg

The XF-1 is a decent camera for the current price. I had two of them and sold both.
I thought the JPEG colors were good but, the images were a bit soft for my tastes.

It's not a bad camera. Built quite well but, it didn't turn me on.

I think it's strength- EXR sensor (dynamic range)- is also its downfall- EXR sensor (resolution).

For the current price, it's a great snapshot camera, easy to use with nice color and easy to preserve highlights. I also like the handling, styling, and manual zoom mechanism.

Back