Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

Andy, how are you finding using M43 gear after the Sony A7 FF?
If i din't pixel peep too much I'm OK. I did find that on most occasions the Sony under exposed especially in the corners but only a bit. Also the images although very sharp, after opening up the shadows and closing down the highlights (I found I had to on nearly every image) they had a kinda HDR look to them. The E-M1 although not as good at pixel level, still produces real nice images. If the Sony had lenses the same size as M4/3 and as many then it would be Sony for me all the way as I do miss the very shallow DOF but the M4/3 is such a versatile, light, fun system with awesome lens back-up. Full frame regardless of system does restrict me when it comes to lenses. So for now and the foreseeable future it's M4/3 for me :)

If i din't pixel peep too much I'm OK. I did find that on most occasions the Sony under exposed especially in the corners but only a bit. Also the images although very sharp, after opening up the shadows and closing down the highlights (I found I had to on nearly every image) they had a kinda HDR look to them. The E-M1 although not as good at pixel level, still produces real nice images. If the Sony had lenses the same size as M4/3 and as many then it would be Sony for me all the way as I do miss the very shallow DOF but the M4/3 is such a versatile, light, fun system with awesome lens back-up. Full frame regardless of system does restrict me when it comes to lenses. So for now and the foreseeable future it's M4/3 for me :)
Very helpful, cheers.

Always enjoy everyone's 4/3 contributions; though I've been delinquent of late. I just had a look at comparing shots taken with my 3 lenses (Oly12, PanaLeica25, Pan40-150) and what it highlighted is how 4/3 seems a bit more influenced by lens quality than larger formats. When I select just the Oly 12mm in Lightroom, it is amazing how many of them I rated highly... this lens just has a crispness, contrast, and saturation without any filters needed, that make photos pop.... very impressed with it. Though I don't consider myself really skilled yet in best using wide angle, I am using it more and more as my walk-around lens (nice that it is tiny as well). A couple from the Oly 12:

Western Australia; Cape Naturaliste

Western Australia; Kimberley region

Olympus E-M10 & O45
image.jpeg

Back