Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

Another:

GF1 and 12-32mm

View attachment 90697GF-1 Yellow by andywest1, on Flickr

I had not used my GF1 for ages and ages but recently started using it again. I love it for it's size and design. With the 12-32 lens it's pretty good but the 20mm f1.7 on it is stunning!

I am now again considering putting it into semi retirement and replacing it with either the Olympus E-M5 or E-M10. Prob the E-M10 due to it's size and the fact it has the same procesor as the E-M1. For what you get they are amazingly cheap cameras.

That poor 20mm takes some criticism these days..too slow ,too noisy.
Yeash it was a great lens when I bought it in 2009 and universally praised by those that should know.
It's still one of my favourites on my E-M10 along with my new Oly EZ 14-42 ( surprisingly good ).

All good stuff here but I have to admit I'm struggling to get good results from my new EM10 .

What is exactly the problem?
I'm not struggling to get good shots, but I have to PP the E-M10 shots more than I'm used to with the Nikon V1. Auto WB and color rendition of the Oly are nowhere near as good as on the V1.

All good stuff here but I have to admit I'm struggling to get good results from my new EM10 .

I love this little lens and I came to it expecting compromises but actually it's not half bad.

The problem seems to be the sensor. I like the colours but the levels of jpeg noise really shock me after what I'd read.
RAW files clean up nicely with Photo Ninja but overall the quality isn't anything to crow about when compared to the tiny RX100 or Canon G1X.

Back to the lens...it really needs to be stopped down to f5.6 or even f8 to get some resolution and CA seems to plague images more than usual.

After nearly a week I'm not overly impressed .

14114660114_2bd59865b7_b.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/nvgjGS

13937504179_b56848eedd_h.jpg

Olympus E-M10
I've had a chance to play with both the Lumix 14-45 lens and the Olympus 14-42 EZ pancake (shot above ) and from both cameras I'm getting poor resolution/hazy look that takes a lot of processing.
Even the 20mm 1.7 shows a kind of "bloom" so I'm puzzled by what I'm seeing.
Anyway , the tiny Sony RX100 outperforms it.
If I hadn't given my old G3 away this camera would go back.

Back