Show photos of 'jumpers'

The Mrs jumps at a Ski Hill / Resort, where we went for a little girl's birthday party Saturday. This is proper form. You should land on your butt.

20225907273_d46b794c33_c.jpg
Her
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

And then I show how NOT to do it... approximately 1.5 seconds later I landed upon my butt and elbows, instantly removing the top layer of my elbow skin, leaving big red/pink gooey patches of exposed nerve. It was fun, though!

20225906813_3f8df2bf04_c.jpg
Me
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

How high is that? It doesn't look much higher than a typical 10 foot high dive at a pool, but I know these things can be deceiving, particularly shot from the ground. I always find this stuff terrifying. I dove from a 30 foot rock once and it scared the sh!t out of me - took me a loooooong time to actually jump, but my ego was too involved not to go for it eventually. No photo though. Cool to have a record of this - did your daughter take the photos?

-Ray

It's about 30 feet up. And I allllmost chickened out too, but my wife had just done it like it was nothing, and I can't have that. She took my picture, and I took hers.

Wow. No, it doesn't look nearly that high in the photo. I would have let her have her day and come up with some sort of false bravado about "not wanting to show her how it's REALLY done". You know, be gallant by not showing her up with the imagined style points I'd have scored...

I would have pupped out, basically. :cool:

But good on you for trying to uphold the honor of the gender!

-Ray

Your picture of her is better than her picture of you, if that's any consolation.

-R
I shot mine in 8fps and cropped this one a little. Hers was a one-and-done, which I also cropped, but less. I give her credit for getting me in focus. For someone who's not "into this," that's awesome.

And Ray it looks totally doable from the ground, hence me immediately agreeing to do it. Once you get up on top, however, and you see how far down it is, the urge to chicken out becomes... pronounced.

Back