Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

i shot all of these as "vivid" , tiff exported to dxo PL6 .

SDIM0123dxo2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SDIM0124dxo2.jpg

SDIM0125dxo2.jpg

SDIM0127dxo2.jpg

I will need to go through this thread as I am now the proud owner of a used Sigma DP2. Just got it today.

I know that thing is only 14mp, but man is that a sharp lens and sensor!! I was a little shocked when I saw the images on the PC today. I didn't charge the battery so I only got 20-30 images before it died.
In speed of processing and AF, it reminds me a lot of the first Fujifilm X100.

Anyway - going to have fun experimenting with this little gem. Lots to learn. Finally get to experience the Foveon first hand!! Here are a few images from the walk about today.

02-09-2024_lithopolis_DP2_SDIM0009.jpg

02-09-2024_lithopolis_DP2_SDIM0012.jpg

02-09-2024_lithopolis_DP2_SDIM0016.jpg

02-09-2024_lithopolis_DP2_SDIM0020.jpg

I will need to go through this thread as I am now the proud owner of a used Sigma DP2. Just got it today.

I know that thing is only 14mp, but man is that a sharp lens and sensor!! I was a little shocked when I saw the images on the PC today. I didn't charge the battery so I only got 20-30 images before it died.
In speed of processing and AF, it reminds me a lot of the first Fujifilm X100.

Anyway - going to have fun experimenting with this little gem. Lots to learn. Finally get to experience the Foveon first hand!! Here are a few images from the walk about today.

View attachment 447927

View attachment 447928

View attachment 447929

View attachment 447930
That first 100% zoom-in is shocking, isn't it? As if your mind doesn't believe what your eyes are seeing. Not only that, but at smaller size where it shouldn't matter so much - like a phone - you swear that's there a little something extra there.

Enjoy the camera!

That first 100% zoom-in is shocking, isn't it? As if your mind doesn't believe what your eyes are seeing. Not only that, but at smaller size where it shouldn't matter so much - like a phone - you swear that's there a little something extra there.

Enjoy the camera!

100%.

I was like, I don’t understand what is going on here and how they are doing it.

Even wide open, I was like, it doesn’t make sense how good it is.

Charged up both batteries to 100% and am going to go back out with it today and see what else I can get with it.

Back