Photo of a photographer taking a photo

P1020138.jpeg

selfiekanga.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I take it Wallabys are docile? I've seen stories recently where people have tried to get selfies with large wildlife like buffalo or even bears, and were severely injured, or in one case, killed. One guy even tried to get a selfie with a Rattlesnake, with predictable results.

No, these are wild animals. IN fact, only a couple of weeks ago, a roo attacked and injured someone. People get stupid about kangaroos. Dont know if you've ever noticed, but they have one MASSIVE claw on their back feet, designed for disembowelling their opponents. The problems all began when the kitchen staff began feeding them.. (this shot was taken on the grounds of what used to be a large psychiatric institution) and then they came to expect food from humans. Anyone not complying could be in danger.

Don't know if you can see this story or if it will be geoblocked.
Kangaroo attacks at Morisset Hospital prompt call for action

No, these are wild animals. IN fact, only a couple of weeks ago, a roo attacked and injured someone. People get stupid about kangaroos. Dont know if you've ever noticed, but they have one MASSIVE claw on their back feet, designed for disembowelling their opponents. The problems all began when the kitchen staff began feeding them.. (this shot was taken on the grounds of what used to be a large psychiatric institution) and then they came to expect food from humans. Anyone not complying could be in danger.

Shaking my head at the story. Doesn't really surprise me.

Sometimes all I can do is shake my head over the silly/stupid/foolish/dangerous things people do. :shakehead:

Shaking my head at the story. Doesn't really surprise me.

I've been "mugged" by a kangaroo, I used to work at the hospital some 20 years ago, and one morning when I was going on duty (we would enter through the ward kitchen) a kangaroo was waiting for the kitchen staff to arrive. She had planted herself in front of the door and would not let me go inside until she had inspected my bag for food. Once she realised I had none, she let me go in, and hopped off down the path. I realised at that time that people had been really daft. Feeding wild animals doesnt make them less wild, it just makes them less scared of people and thus more dangerous. All the photos I have taken at Morisset have been from a safe distance with a zoom lens. There is no way I will willingly get close to them, they are not tame, and not pets.

Back