Nikon Showcase Post Nikon Df Photos

Ray,

I decided not to get it. Instead, I just won (on Ebay) a 21mm 2.8 Distagon ZF.2. I hold you responsible for this, and if it is not as good as you have described it, I will come get you.;)

Cheers,

Antonio
No problem - I'm safe! Size aside, that's an overwhelmingly better lens. And while it's not a small lens, it's not so large I ever found it a burden. My favorite lens...

Enjoy,

-Ray

Hadn't shot with the 50 f1.2 in a while, but Antonio's photos inspired me to take it for a walk over the weekend. I almost always prefer this camera at f2.0 than wide open at f1.2. I still shoot a lot of stuff back to back just to see if there are situations where I prefer the effect of f1.2. Of these, only the reeds in the first shot seemed more interesting to me at f1.2. Everything else is stopped down to at least f2.0...

20859155471_b05726866f_b.jpg
Marsh Creek-30-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

20825694436_551270ec88_h.jpg
Marsh Creek-24-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

20665256039_7ec25bbda0_h.jpg
Marsh Creek-6-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

20663993578_0193c4897c_b.jpg
Marsh Creek-21-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

20859165951_34371b2cc2_b.jpg
Marsh Creek-27-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

A couple of quickies from yesterday. One cross-posted to the Dog thread, of my sweet, sleepy little pooch, Millie. She's really old and tired and I can't imagine she's gonna be with us all that much longer, but such a sweet little being. The second is an alternate take on a sunflower... Both with Zeiss 100 macro. I didn't take that lens to Alaska because I rightly figured that once I got to that focal length, I was gonna want a zoom. But I'd have loved to have had it's character for a few of those shots near 100mm...

20670241878_91a74482d6_h.jpg
Millie
by Ray, on Flickr

20235633164_84d0b146b4_b.jpg
Sunflower Mono
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Nice MF work! I was gonna ask how you like the Samyang 135 but then I zoomed into the Flickr shot and I don't think I need to ask. I'm not sure I want another manual focus lens at that focal length - someday I'd really like to get Nikon's auto-focus DC 135, or whatever they replace it with - but the Samyang would be right in the running if I ever do. I have an old Nikkor at f2.8 that does pretty nicely, but really like AF at that sort of length for shooting people...

-Ray

Nice MF work! I was gonna ask how you like the Samyang 135 but then I zoomed into the Flickr shot and I don't think I need to ask. I'm not sure I want another manual focus lens at that focal length - someday I'd really like to get Nikon's auto-focus DC 135, or whatever they replace it with - but the Samyang would be right in the running if I ever do. I have an old Nikkor at f2.8 that does pretty nicely, but really like AF at that sort of length for shooting people...

-Ray

You're right. I like it very much :)
It is excellent and has less CA than a Zeiss 135mm/2 with open aperture. The missing AF funtion could be a problem, especially if I use it on a camera with no focus peaking or without magnifying.
And it is not a small and light lens. Here are comparisons between the Zeiss, the Samyang and the Nikon DC Zeiss APO Sonnar 135mm f/2 (ZF.2) Review | Verybiglobo photo - Part 6
For a tele AF lens on the Nikon I had bought a AF 180mm/2.8 ED if I need one.

Last edited:
Back