In addition to support for the A7 / A7r, three FE lens profiles were added:
Sony Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Sony Sony FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
Sony Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA

Older post comparing rf lenses on A7 & A7R:
His post on sina blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_643b266c0102e33e.html
test images with A7: SONY A7 With Rangefinder Lenses
test images with A7R: SONY A7R With Rangefinder Lenses

Having used my Leica lenses on the A7, I've come to the conclusion that they make it really heavy, thus defeating the object of the Sony in the first place. The Pentax FA77 has a really nice smooth focus ring and is fairly light in weight. I'm not so keen on the Contax G lenses, I'm not really liking the colour from them on the Sony and also the Kipon adapter I'm using is quite stiff for focusing. I still think that the Leica has an extra something in the IQ department with the Leica lenses. I wish I had a native 35mm or 55mm to try on the Sony because I crave autofocus and I'm hoping that they will make the A7 sing..... if not then it's probably not a keeper for me. Still deliberating about keeping the Leica as it's a lot of money to have tied up. Anyway, just my rambling thoughts :)

In very low light sometimes I find the tiniest points of light specks closest to the subject of the photo and make sure that they line up in the patch. I'm talking about the most extreme of circumstances in the middle of a moonless night outside.

Roger's FE35mm test and comparisons to Canon 35mm IS, ZE 35mm, Zeiss 50mm Makro, Summicron 50mm, & Leica M w/ Summicron 50mm:
Sony A7R: A Rising Tide Lifts All the Boats?

Conclusion

I’m not anti-adapter, by any means, and I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot a good lens on an adapter with the A7R. It’s important to bear in mind that numerical testing differences don’t always equate to significant picture differences. But there do seem to be some limitations.

If I were to make a quick summary:
•The A7R delivers amazing resolution. At least as good as a Nikon D800e.
•The two Sony-Zeiss prime lenses (the 35mm we tested, and the 55mm tested by SLRgear.com) are excellent. Hopefully other native-mount lenses will also be excellent.
•Other-brand, standard-range (35mm and up) shot on a well-matched adapter give superb center resolution, better than you would get on the native mount camera, unless that camera is a D800e. Corner resolution is very good, although less than amazing.
•Given past experience, and several early reports, shooting lenses wider than 35mm on an adapter is going to be a bit more challenging. I doubt we’ll be able to make too many generalizations. Rather each lens will have to be evaluated on the A7R to see how it performs.

Sony A7R – 50mm T0.95 with the SLR Magic HyperPrime and Leica Noctilux 50mm F0.95
Sony A7R - full frame T0.95 with the SLR Magic HyperPrime (and special guest, Leica Noctilux 50mm F0.95) - EOSHD.com - Filmmaking Gear and Camera Reviews

I've had no issues with any of my Leica m-mount lenses:

Using the Voigtlander M-mount to E-mount adapter:
Voigtlander 12mm LTM
Zeiss 21mm ZM
Leica 35mm Summilux pre-ASPH
Leica 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH
Leica 90mm Summicron pre-ASPH

Cheers,
Dave

Voigtlander close focus M Adapter w/ 50 Nokton 1.5 and Sony A7r
Voigtlander close focus M Adapter, 50 Nokton 1.5 and Sony A7r | Steve Huff Photo

closefocus.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back