Nik Software Update

The Google release of Nik Software has been updated with a 7th plugin called AnalogFX. Those of us who purchased it previously didn't get that, so I wrote to them yesterday afternoon and when I woke this morning, there was an email with new links to the updated software. Apparently future updates will happen within the software itself.

AnalogFX info: http://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/analog-efex-pro/

Linkie to the email to send to: Nik Collection by DxO – Customer Support

Of course this might all be old info for the rest of you, but I didn't know til I went to the site to grab the URL for a friend...

Yesterday I noticed my collection had been upgraded to include Analog. I wasn't asked if they could install it, it was just there in the list of plug ins.
Since then Aperture (and the Nic plugins) have been misbehaving and i am not happy :mad:

Yes, there was a point at which the updates became automatic. Mine wasn't, it needed me to ask. I don't know when it happened, perhaps the new plugin was more recent than I thought. All I know is that my software didn't get an automatic update.

I am getting crashes, images turning black until i close them and re open. When i open an image its always just the image. I need to open the presets and sliders . All was fine until Nik invaded my iMac to give me something I dont want .

Oh dear, this doesn't bode well. I'll see how its going with my CS5.

[edit] Going fine here in Aperture and PhotoshopCS5. I think there must be an issue with the update process. Mine was a clean install. I would strongly suggest emailing them and asking for the install file. It also contains an uninstaller so you can uninstall the duds and install a clean set. AnalogFX pro is actually quite nice.

Thanks for the update. I will check. Last time I had to e-mail for the free update. I'll see if it will work this time.

Oh dear, this doesn't bode well. I'll see how its going with my CS5.

[edit] Going fine here in Aperture and PhotoshopCS5. I think there must be an issue with the update process. Mine was a clean install. I would strongly suggest emailing them and asking for the install file. It also contains an uninstaller so you can uninstall the duds and install a clean set. AnalogFX pro is actually quite nice.

I just dowloaded the Windows trial and installed over my existing Nik. The upgrade picked up my license. I've only played with it a little, but so far so good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I bought the collection when it was on sale. But I still don't even know how to use them!!

I watched a couple YouTube videos to get me started. Then I just played around with the plugins. My favs are Dfine, Viveza, Color Efex and Silver Efex. Haven't used the rest, but the new Analog Efex looks interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I tried to open Photoshop CS5 and got an error message MSVCP110.dll is missing, reinstall PS. I checked my Nik folder and saw that Analog FX had been installed on this machine. The Photoshop site said to contact Nik. The error message freezes on the screen and I have to restart to get rid of it. Happy Halloween.

Thanks, Sue. I got a "no updates available" message so browsed for a solution. This is a link to a google support page for those who could not get the update.
Sign in - Google Accounts

However, installing the trial version means loosing the registration keys. So I did send an email to google. To be continued....

Oddly enough, yesterday, Nik Suite stopped working for me and an error window appeared each time I tried to run it warning me that a .dll file was missing.

Annoyed, I tried to reinstall the suite but couldn't find where I had stored the download when first installed. Nothing for it but to re-download from the website. I noticed the new AnalogFX but wasn't too interested.

I reinstalled the lastest version, everything started working again and the suite now includes AnalogFX.

Conclusion: the NIK auto-installer does not work or has a conflict with 64bit W7, or it is highly coincidental that my legal version started to error and could only be fixed by a redownload.

LouisB

I tried to install the windows trial and the upgrade did NOT pick up my licenses, even my existing software had nag dialogue boxes that they were only trial. I did a system restore to try to get it all back and now my Nik plugins aren't functional at all. Since.. it's about time anyway, I will be embarking on a computer reformat this weekend and re-install everything fresh. I'm starting to lag from all the junk on here anyway. Backing up my photos right now :)

*When I had to do a reformat some time ago and reinstalled the Nik software there were prompts to update to the newest versions. I am HOPING that this is still the case and has not change since the company was sold. As far as I know, short of not having Analog, all WAS up to date.

Back