Street Street photography (Image thread)

R0006591 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@mumu
Well seen and captured.
Interesting looking place- where was this?
Thx, that was the main library in the city of Surrey, BC, Canada. The concrete below the women is actually not part of the building, it is the walls of the underground parking entrance and is closer to the camera than the building. But from where I was, and when viewed 2-dimensionally, it just looked like one giant concrete monolith.

Here is the building when it was being constructed (I found this photo online):
1643658086473.png

The women were walking along the right side of the building (the side in the sunlight).

CAPPY
I saw this woman at a miliner’s stall at an art in the park day. We talked for a bit before I asked to take her picture. She seemed as if I’m Dr. Root Canal, but agreed. Then she said, “Now you’re on the spot. Do you like this hat?”.
It was terrible, but how to tell her? ”I really prefer the one you were wearing before.”
”That’s my hat.” She declined my offer of a copy of this pic.
E6C1F648-4D98-4A06-BF57-3F57B906AE64.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Uhm ... really quite difficult. At first glance, I'd say crop; I would have tried to zoom in fully if I had had a chance.

However, I guess it was mostly a fluke that things arranged themselves this way, so, even though the crop version appeals to me, I'd probably stay with the full image in the end: It conveys the overall situation more clearly; besides, it relates context much better. Urban humanity in a nutshell, all the way.

M.

Last edited:
Back