Street Street photography (Image thread)

Z50_2122.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Windy tourism ...

M.

The queue at the pharmacy/chemist is getting longer and longer. This is the only store open in the block as it is an essential business. Other ones are online only.
P1001120.JPG

For reference, Chemist Warehouse is an Australia-based company with really low prices. When they opened here, they sort of saved everyone a lot of dollars just because they are much, much, much cheaper than the competition.

I shot these with 40mm EFL (Panasonic 20mm f/1.7) just after shooting with the Lumix G 25mm so I still had 50mm EFL feet! Again, taken with Agfa Vista 200 simlulation.
P1140852.jpg

P1140853.jpg
P1140875.jpg

P1140895.jpg

Such a lot of expressions captured on this one. I was told that people in India generally do not mind street photographers and many actually want to stare at the lens.
I hadn’t heard that before and I was glad to be leaving as the family didn’t look too happy. However my own experience is that they often hassle you for money and a rupee generally satisfies them, but one needs to pass the money discretely to avoid being swamped by children with their hands outstretched.

I hadn’t heard that before and I was glad to be leaving as the family didn’t look too happy. However my own experience is that they often hassle you for money and a rupee generally satisfies them, but one needs to pass the money discretely to avoid being swamped by children with their hands outstretched.
Good to know and thanks for sharing your experience. I have heard such from a few local photographers who visited India but then I remember they did their photowalks with a well-known street photographer there, so that may have made a difference.

Back