Trying to Find that Camera.... X10,20, LX7, RX 100 etc....

If you want truly pocketable with great IQ, try the LF1. Superb macro, just remember to toggle the Macro setting on the back.

Drawback from the larger LX7 is less open aperture on the long-end of zoom. The built-in viewfinder and decent IBIS partially offset that however: much easier to shoot slower shutters with a viewfinder close-in versus a viewscreen farther out.

Love your miniatures! :bravo-009:

(If you have a chance to handle the cameras you're thinking about that might just be the kicker to help you decide.0

I agree.... Now i have to find a camera shop with those two cameras. Seems the local shop is always out of stock. Thanks for the compliments....... (everyone)

Here is a couple shots from my TL500. When it works, it works...

SAM_1289 (Large).jpg

Yosemite a couple years ago...

SAM_0194 (Large).JPG

I would do the X10 or X20, both do macro work very well, plus you have the added benefit of an OVF for everyday shooting, only downside would be that they are larger than the LX7

Well, I went to the local camera store (Calumet). They had an x20 in the case, the salesman handed it to me, but the battery was dead. He made no attempt to charge it, just said it will get charged soon. The camera is nice, the zoom feels good. I was a bit underwhelmed by the experience. Maybe I was expecting it to feel like a Leica :). They don't even stock a LX7.......

Usually Monopods are not really permitted. I have tried it, but they are not easy to use with the displays. People get nervous when you have a stick around the figures (me too). If I had a couple more stops of useable ISO or IS, then I would be good. The TL500 is a great camera in good light. It saved me in Yosemite when the shutter died on my 30d.
John, how is the IS on the LX7 ?

Matt

With proper technique, I can do 1/3s @ 28mm. Even @ 90mm, as long as I'm at 1/20s or faster, I'm OK.
Heck, I tried just now with 1/10s @ 90mm and it was fine.

Back